Alvor 20109

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Alvor 20109

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi.

Sadly, having spent the last few years in villas around Carvoeiro, we were unable to find accommodation for 2 weeks in August. My wife didn't start looking until about Christmas time but we were still surprised to have experienced this problem. However, we have managed to book a suitable villa just up the coast in Alvor. This will be the first time we've been there so it will be interesting to see how it compares with Carvoeiro, and of course, is still within driving distance of our favourite destination on the Algarve.

Tony
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Alvor 20109

Post by smudger »

Our first time in the Algarve was staying at Alto Country Club in Alvor, some 20 years ago. Whilst we now have our own place near Carvoeiro, we usually head to Alvor for a day out. A lot has changed in Alvor but still worth a visit/stay. Hope you enjoy the experience.
tommy tunstall
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tommy tunstall »

Am sure you will enjoy Alvor, one of our favourite places to visit from Carvs. We were there last week enjoying the town, superb walks along the Boardwalks on the estuary, and the beach is excellent. We love to sit with the locals at the Football club bar.
nosivad
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by nosivad »

try the airport café, you can sit and watch the skydivers go up and then watch them come back down whilst enjoying a beer or coffee a snack or a full lunch , prices are very reasonable.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi again,

Many thanks for the response to my posting regarding Alvor. I believe that parking in Alvor could be a problem. We shall be staying in a villa in the R Monte Canalas area which is on the other side of the N125 from Alvor. We will be travelling in a 9 seat vehicle so we're hoping that parking will not be a problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tony
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Tony - lots of free parking by the boatyard and a little further along behind the cafes on the front. From there it's a two minute walk either to the town (entering where the boat trip booths and lifeboat station are), or to the boardwalk over the reserve to the beach.
I'm a fan of Alvor and though I've only stayed there once, twenty years ago in Mar e Serra (likewise the other side of the N125), we always visit when we're in Carvoeiro.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi Destroyer,

Many thanks for your reply. Bearing in mind that we shall have our 2 young grandchildren with us, your suggestions regarding parking sound ideal for our party. Just got to count down the next 6 months!!!!!

Regards. Tony