Wedding

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Smurph
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Wedding

Post by Smurph »

Hi. I have recently gotten engaged and really want to get married in carvoeiro. Can you please suggest venues with a picturesque setting where we could have the ceremony?! We are also hoping to hire the wolf for our reception. Does anyone know if they have done this before as we would like to hire the whole venue.

Any advice or tips would be really helpful as we want to keep costs as low as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Sarah
iwaddington
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Wedding

Post by iwaddington »

You will be hard pressed to beat Val Doliveras as a wedding venue.Just outside Carvoeiro.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by John Burgess »

I has a wedding party staying at our villa (We had The Bride) I think they ussed the Tivola also had a 30 person recption at our villa all went well I belive
look us up Brisa Do Mar on this site under rentals feel free to call.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

iwaddington wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:46 pm You will be hard pressed to beat Val Doliveras as a wedding venue.Just outside Carvoeiro.
Agree about Vale D'Oliveiras, is a popular venue for both locals and non-locals. Friends daughter got arried in Ferragudo. Had wanted to get married in CVO but church at top of GNR hill don't do weddings for 'tourists'. They booked out the old Taste premises for their reception and were very impressed. They since been to Taste's new premises and still impressed.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Our daughter was " married" at the Tivoli : great setting on the coast, but it's a lot pricier now.
Expect you know that you need to have the legal ceremony separately.
tommy tunstall
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by tommy tunstall »

You need to contact the guy who runs Mamma Mia Pizzeria at Monte Carvoeiro he arranges fine weddings, locations food the lot.
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

Depending on the size of your group, have a look a Pescador in Bengali which is in great setting and you could book it all.
Smurph
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Smurph »

Thanks for the help.

Still really wanting the wild but have looked in to the ideas you have provided and it's much appreciated.

Another idea I have had for the wedding is using the land train as transport for the guests. Does anyone know who I would need to contact to arrange this?

Thanks
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

If you got married at the church in Ferragudo there are excellent views outside and a great area for taking photos. You could then walk down the cobbled steps and paths down to one of the restaurants in town which between them offer all types of cuisine and price and which I'm sure would be pleased to accomodate you. Some being bigger than others the number of guests would be a consideration.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

My daughter had an afternoon ceremony (with a "celebrant" - actual wedding in UK civil ceremony) at Rei das Praias six years ago. Ceremony on the decking directly over the beach, followed by a meal for 30 plus guests there under awnings. Then a bar and music on the beach until the early hours. Restaurant, and beach in the evening, exclusively for our party.
They did a great job, and all the guests enjoyed it, although I found the owner to be a little in love with himself. Food was excellent as was the wine. We had a free bar which served branded spirits - that is, they didn't try to fob us off with generic stuff. Not cheap, but a whole lot cheaper than I was quoted in the UK, and we'd have been hard pressed to match the setting. Package included wedding night stay for the happy couple in the adjacent hotel - room being set aside before the ceremony for bride and bridesmaids to get ready. Room and facilities, pool etc., at the bride and groom's disposal until late afternoon day after the ceremony.
Wherever you end up, I hope you have a great day.
Smurph
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Smurph »

I really appreciate the comments. Looking like it may all take place in a villa as the prices for exclusivity and per head in a lot of places is ridiculous.

Have contacted the guy from the pizzeria who has his own catering firm and love the menus he has sent across . And the prices are more than affordable.

Just need to get flowers sorted now and then all pricing/booking is complete :D
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Marco from a Tascina in Lagoa does outside catering, might be worth getting a quote from him. We had our flowers done by a florist in Messines, cheaper than the CVO ones.
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

you will not be able to get married in the church, unless you are local... nor get a license for a beach ceremony, unless you "know Someone"

Tivoli is nice, but costs ££££££££ and to hire the roof top exclusively, will require a lottery win.

You should consider Centiannes beach and O` Stop restaurant, for a more relaxed and rustic affair. you could hire the entire outside area above the beach.
OR,
Alba Suites Resort
My sister got married at there and it was fabulous. Highly recommended.
it has everything. outdoor setting, indoor dining area. outdoor bar, music/DJ, beach location, cliff top views for stunning photos, fantastic accommodation, swimming pools, spa, massage, restaurant. everything... I cant think of anywhere better.
Smurph
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Smurph »

Can anyone recommend a good band to play at the wedding - style of music being stereophonics, Coldplay, u2. But then also loving old classics like mustang sally etc etc.. Reception is in a villa.

Also solo musicians or singers for the ceremony.

Thanks
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Solo musicians...Ilze van Zanten ( was ilzezanten@hotmail.com but that was a few years ago)....lovely voice, many styles.
Twin Flames.....if they are still playing...twinflamesmusicalduo@gmail.com
Group...Nightshift...https://www.facebook.com/nightshift.algarve.....
jandirk.hofman@gmail.com
good luck