Please don't slam the lid.

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Rampage
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Please don't slam the lid.

Post by Rampage »

It is to be applauded the fact that Lagoa Camara and Carvoeiro have installed recycling bins throughout the area rather than having all waste chucked in dumpsters for landfill. However, the design on the bins has a flaw - the rubber seals on the inside of the lids perishes in no time in the Portuguese heat, meaning that the lid/bin contact is metal on metal. So, if the lid is let go the noise of it hitting the bin is like a steel panel being beaten. We have two sets of recycling bins within 20 metres of our house and the cacophony of bin slamming all day and into the night is appalling. This month it is at the worst ever due to the number of tourists. I am hoping that this post will be read by tourists who might think about closing bib lids rather than slamming them, and by local officials who might rethink the lid seal design.
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Please don't slam the lid.

Post by tomgibson »

I fully sympathise with you. We have a property on Rocha Brava and whilst the recycling bins are plastic the incessant noise of bottles being thrown into them, particularly in the summer months and seemingly at any time of day, is enough to drive you mad at times.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Please don't slam the lid.

Post by djprescott »

I always said recycling was bad for you!! :wink: