Children's play areas

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Children's play areas

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi. Does anybody know of any children's play areas in the Val Do Milho proximity. We are coming to Carvoeiro on Friday for 2 weeks, and whereas we have had gardens laid to lawns at our previous rental villas in Sesmarias, we do not have playing space for the grandchildren this year. Have to try and keep them occupied, as long as it isn't too hot!!!!!

Any replies would be appreciated.

Tony
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Children's play areas

Post by ceh »

I asked general question about children's play areas a few years back and will try to find it (didn't turn up on a quick search). Whilst this doesn't help with proximity to Vale do Milho, there is a play area by the church and auditorium above the beach in cvo.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Appreciate not in Carvoeiro but there’s a good play area in Estomber, with a coffee shop on site so can watch kids whilst enjoying a coffee, soft drink. On main road opposite train station.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

I have found my original post and the responses included one by the river in Silves
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi again.

Many thanks for those responses. We may hit the road for those suggestions, or go back to our old 'haunt' from the past couple of years at the tennis club. If I remember, they have a trampoline there where we can watch the children whilst having a spot of lunch.

Tony
patjmcd
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by patjmcd »

There is a children's playground nearby on the Rocha Brava site.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hello patjmcd,

Many thanks for your response. I think that Rocha Brava will be within walking distance from where we'll be staying. Do you have to be staying at the resort to use their facilities?

Tony
patjmcd
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by patjmcd »

Hi Tony,
I don't know about that but I never saw anyone checking.
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Hi. I suggest you visit sites des fontes. (Estombar) about a 10 min drive from carvoeiro
It’s a very popular with Portuguese families. It is overlooking the estuary and has a clear very cold swimming river and pool Great for hot days, children’s playgroun, picnic area,brick bbqs and an excercise track and great walks around the water. No facilities apart from toilets so take umbrellas (not much shade) and a picnic. Great place to make new Portuguese friends,follow signs from estombar , past ferragudo
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

tricky wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:26 pm Hi. I suggest you visit sites des fontes. (Estombar) about a 10 min drive from carvoeiro
It’s a very popular with Portuguese families. It is overlooking the estuary and has a clear very cold swimming river and pool Great for hot days, children’s playgroun, picnic area,brick bbqs and an excercise track and great walks around the water. No facilities apart from toilets so take umbrellas (not much shade) and a picnic. Great place to make new Portuguese friends,follow signs from estombar , past ferragudo
Agree tricky. Great place to visit with family especially for picnic.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

There's a small play area at the VDM restaurant.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi Pato
Went to VDM (staying at a nice villa here) yesterday and had a great lunchtime meal - only customers there. Will go back again before we come home Friday. Thanks for your response. Tony