Tennis

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Tennis

Post by algarve123 »

Hi everyone,

When we come over we generally do not have a car so we were wondering is there any place in town (or closer than Carvoeiro Clube de Ténis) to play? We have seen courts in Monte Dourado, Quinta do Paraiso, Monte Santo etc. but just wondered if anybody knew if these can be booked by people staying outside these resorts or if there was anywhere else in or around the town? We have our own rackets so it would be just court hire we require.

Thanks in advance for any info you can offer :D
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Tennis

Post by madaboutangling »

Although a bit out of town, playing at Rocha Brava is good with 4 courts and a bar and cafe next to them
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

I think QdP would be happy for your custom - don’t know what the charge would be but it’s got to be less than the main tennis club as the QdP courts are not in very good condition. In response to our requests for the net tape to be mended on at least one of the courts (which did eventually happen) the manager there couldn’t understand why we might want to play at QdP, near our villa, rather than trek up to the main club. We always play at QdP when we are out and the courts are OK for informal tennis. The main Carvoeiro Tennis Club is best for the variety of courts and the organised social tennis that goes on there.
Give the Reception at QdP a ring and see what they say? Same would be true of Monte Santo - I have never seen anyone playing on that court!
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

madaboutangling wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:20 pm Although a bit out of town, playing at Rocha Brava is good with 4 courts and a bar and cafe next to them
Hi madaboutangling, thank you for your reply. I agree the facilities are fantastic. I had already contacted Rocha Brava via e-mail on Friday when this topic was in my mind and they replied straight away with all the info we needed. In terms of distance it is suitable for us and good value also so that will be where we use for sure. Nice to be able to drop into Helders after too. Great result, thanks again for your reply :D
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Alison wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:16 pm I think QdP would be happy for your custom - don’t know what the charge would be but it’s got to be less than the main tennis club as the QdP courts are not in very good condition. In response to our requests for the net tape to be mended on at least one of the courts (which did eventually happen) the manager there couldn’t understand why we might want to play at QdP, near our villa, rather than trek up to the main club. We always play at QdP when we are out and the courts are OK for informal tennis. The main Carvoeiro Tennis Club is best for the variety of courts and the organised social tennis that goes on there.
Give the Reception at QdP a ring and see what they say? Same would be true of Monte Santo - I have never seen anyone playing on that court!
Hi Alison, thanks very much for your great reply. I often wondered about Monte Santo and like you, I have rarely seen it being used (with the exception maybe of a few kids having a go). I agree the facilities are fantastic at the tennis club, it is just the distance that puts us off. That is good to know about QDP but as I have said above, we have decided to use Rocha Brava from now on as it is available for people outside of the resort, good value and suits us in terms of where we stay. Thank you again for your detailed reply....this and the reply above is what makes this forum so useful for us, much appreciated :D