Quiz lunch

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Quiz lunch

Post by roy4eyes »

I am organising a 'Quiz Lunch' at the Bier Garten near the Porches roundabout on the N125 on Saturday 9th June on behalf of Rotary International to raise funds for local charities.
Details are :- start from 12.30 with a lunch comprising Trio of German sausages accompanied by salad and chips, 50cl. of German beer followed by Apfelstrudel.
Cost is € 25, which is what it would cost you for the meal alone, but thanks to the generosity of Vila Vita gives us a profit of €8 per head which will be divided between prize money and charity.
I am hoping some CVO.com members will join the Rotarians as, apart from helping a good cause (100% of Rotary money goes to charity unlike some professional charities where a large proportion is taken as administration costs) it will be an opportunity to put a face to other members. If you cannot put a team of 4 together don't worry as we can organise teams on the day.
If interested please let me know by e-mail at roy4eyes@yahoo.co.uk
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Quiz lunch

Post by smudger »

Apologises but fly home on Wednesday. Not back until July. Do enjoy a good quiz.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

To date 259 views but not a single positive response.

Are forumers not very sociable or are they scared that the questions may be too hard ?

Fear not - there are 10 questions on each of 'general knowledge', 'sport','music', and geography' - and not advanced Mensa standard.

This is designed to be a sociable day in lovely surroundings in aid of a good charity.

Please make the effort to come - but please e-mail me first for catering numbers.

Thank you.

Roy
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Hi! I'm out on June 23rd for five days, we'll give it a go. cheers.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Roy if I was in CVO I would be there like a shot, not back till September.
jeremy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by jeremy »

Sorry Roy, just came back & not returning until October - Good luck with the event - J
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Unfortunately, due to lack of numbers, this event has had to be cancelled.

However with the number of quizzers expressing interest but unable to make this particular date, I hope to re-arrange it for a later date, probably late October.

If any forumer quizzers are interested please advise me and I will send personalised invitations nearer the time.