Meo broadband not getting what i pay for

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Meo broadband not getting what i pay for

Post by shaz1967 »

I have had Meo for many years now & i pay for 12Mbps but i have never got anywhere near that in fact i have just checked it now at 2.40am when i think there will be very little useage so the broadband should be pretty strong & i got 7.15 Mbps download & 0.60 Mbps upload which is useable but not the Mbps i am paying for. I am wondering wether to complain to see what happens as i am sure i read that somebody got a refund or a reduction in rental for a period of time. I do not want anything for free just what i am paying for, i am in Monte Servo area which alas does not have fibre cables or i would not be making this post.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Meo broadband not getting what i pay for

Post by RichardHenshall »

You are paying for and getting 'up to 12 Mbps'. This is the minimum service level, so there's nothing to be gained by complaining. You're doing better than many!

You could have been paying for the next level of 'up to 24 Mbps', which would have moved the cap upwards but not delivered an increase in speed. In that case you would have been paying extra for no increase in speed.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

I used to pay for a bigger Mbps but once i realised there was not a cat in hells chance of getting anything like what i was paying for i cut it to the deal i have now. I think complaining does get you somewhere as last year my broadband was down to 4 Mbps & low & behold they tweaked something at their end & it went back up to 7.0 Mbps.
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

That's slightly different. If the speed has deteriorated, it's reasonable to ask if it can be returned to its former level.
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by shaz1967 »

From my knowledge gained by asking people it seems to be common place that the broadband will drop & wont return to its former speed until you complain.