Speed limits and airport parking

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Speed limits and airport parking

Post by roy4eyes »

When I took my daughter back to the airport last week I noted that the N.125 now has a speed limit of 50 kph immediately past the Porches roundabout - previously this was 90 kph. It looks like a good GNR speed trap money earner !

At the airport there is still a 10 minute free parking at 'Departures' but not at 'Arrivals' any longer. I had the inconvenience of getting to the barrier and then having to reverse to pay my € 0.80 !!
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Speed limits and airport parking

Post by njc0607 »

same thing happened to me...
I literally drove in, did not stop, as my guy was already on the other side of the road, and so headed straight to the barrier and it demanded 0.80c. not even 1 minute in there.... no signs nothing.
I am in a RHD car as well.,.. so had to get out. them someone pulled up behind me. so now I was stuck.

if the GNR had not been there watching, that machine would have been toast!
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

I wrote a letter of complaint to Faro Airport about this and their suggestion was to avoid payment by collecting arriving passengers from the 'Departures' area - b....y marvellous :roll:
Eric Rathbone
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Eric Rathbone »

I was there on Wednesday the 28th of Feb to pick up my friend and didn't pay a penny 10 min still free drop off and pick up.https://www.aeroportofaro.pt/en/fao/acc ... t/kiss-fly
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

You must be lucky Eric - or have friends in high places :wink: - your link now only refers to departures.
Eric Rathbone
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Eric Rathbone »

CLEARLY SAIS PICK UP OR DROP OFF

Kiss & Fly
Fast Parking at the airport

Driving to the airport to pick up or drop someone and only need to pull over for a few minutes? No problem, Kiss & Fly is the solution.
Designed to reduce traffic at the airport's departures and arrivals, Kiss & Fly are parking areas specially reserved for quick stops, free of charge up to ten minutes, where you don't even need to leave the car.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

If you click on the 'Download - Rates Kiss and Fly' you will find that 'Arrivals' has been deleted and the tariffs only apply to 'Departures'.

I was not trying to start an argument but to warn people that they now apparently have two options - pay at 'Arrivals' or meet visitors free at 'Departures'. This was the response from the airport to my complaint.