rentals

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
strathie
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

rentals

Post by strathie »

Have been coming to cvo for ten years always renting 1or 2 bedroom apartments usually ffrom owners direct. Over last 2 years noticed now there are hardly any on this site what sites are owners using now.have looked at air bnb but don't see any that we have rented before.
e-richard

Re: rentals

Post by e-richard »

Strathie,

You are not missing anything. Owners have historically paid to list on OwnersDirect so that guests can find them and book directly as the name implies.
OD (Owners Direct) sold to HomeAway who sold to Expedia who decided to grab as much of the money as they possibly could, So as well as charging owners more, they slapped a huge booking fee on top of the price and charged that direct to guests while at the same time disabling any communication between guest and owner.

So, inevitably, Owners have abandoned them in droves.

The ideal solution is to try and find the Owners directly yourself. This may mean clicking through to page 3,4 or even more of the search results and finding the owners websites directly. You will save money and (usually) have a much better booking experience.

Look on Twitter, Facebook etc for the #BookDirect tag and check out Trustpilot for reviews of Owners Direct and you'll see what I mean.
Michelle546
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Michelle546 »

Hi

There are a lot of owners who still use Owners Direct/HomeAway/Holiday Lettings. I have an apartment in Monte Dourado and advertise on HomeAway ref 6505870.

I hope this helps.

Michelle
strathie
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by strathie »

Thanks Richard explains a lot
strathie
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie