Algarve Driver

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Ceepeebee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Algarve Driver

Post by Ceepeebee »

Hey guys,

I know most of you have used Algarve Driver, but I haven't yet and this will be 6th year in CVO - first time for everything!

I've booked, but assuming we pay on arrival?
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Algarve Driver

Post by smudger »

Yes pay on collecting car. Credit card or cash, paying cash reduces cost slightly. Should have seen that when booking online, quote usually has cash and credit card prices.
Ceepeebee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ceepeebee »

Okay cheers smudger
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

i intend to use Algarve Driver for the first time this summer as they allow you to pick up the car at airport and they collect it in cvo

my query: they are offering airport transfers for people like me who wont have a car for the return journey to the airport

the price is sort of in-between, not as expensive as a private transfer and more expensive than hoppa, greenbus etc
does anyone know if this is a shared transfer or is making use of cars being returned to the airport,as its hard to tell from the price quoted.

thanks
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

Are you supposed to book another rental starting in CVO and ending at the airport for the other end of your visit?
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

RichardHenshall wrote:Are you supposed to book another rental starting in CVO and ending at the airport for the other end of your visit?

Thanks Richard. You collect the car as normal at airport and they collect it at your accommodation xx days later. Free if 6 days or more €15 for under 6 days. No other company offer this service. When I was making enquirues I was quoted €39 for the airport transfer - which I confess puzzled me. I was quoted €54 this morning- which I do understand, that’s the price for a private transfer.