Weather Station Beach cam

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Weather Station Beach cam

Post by American Pie »

Anyone know why the Beach cam on the Weather Station is not working. Great shame as it was fantastic to see live video of the beach.
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 13.21.22.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 13.21.22.png (120.37 KiB) Viewed 5673 times
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Weather Station Beach cam

Post by logicbob »

My guess is that the owners of the building where the cameras are have gone on holiday and switched off the servers.
matoserrao2007
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by matoserrao2007 »

I am open to correction but is the camera not situated on the GNR station. It has not been in operation for at least six weeks now which is such a shame as it always raises a person's spirits to check in on the beach, the beautiful blue skyline and the aquamarine seas when one is not in Carvoeiro.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

matoserrao2007 wrote:I am open to correction but is the camera not situated on the GNR station. It has not been in operation for at least six weeks now which is such a shame as it always raises a person's spirits to check in on the beach, the beautiful blue skyline and the aquamarine seas when one is not in Carvoeiro.
It's not just one down they are all down.

Except for the Grand Cafe camera's they are on.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

logicbob wrote: It's not just one down they are all down.
Bit exagerated - web cam II at Metabixo is working and there are plenty more at http://beachcam.meo.pt/livecams/ but as many restaurants and bars are shut through the winter it's understandable that many will turn their power off.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

Farol wrote:
logicbob wrote: It's not just one down they are all down.
Bit exagerated - web cam II at Metabixo is working and there are plenty more at http://beachcam.meo.pt/livecams/ but as many restaurants and bars are shut through the winter it's understandable that many will turn their power off.
No exaggerated at all when I checked at the time of posting they were all down, most of them still are, and before you ask I just checked and the only one running now is webcam II.