Quinta dos Vales

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Quinta dos Vales

Post by destroyer »

Hello all,
We're over for a couple of weeks from tomorrow. Wonder if anyone knows if Quinta dos Vales is having its usual open day this October? Can't find anything on their website. It's something we've been to for the past few years and enjoyed.
Thanks.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Quinta dos Vales

Post by logicbob »

I have not seen anything advertised about, will try to find out for you.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Quinta dos Valesh

Post by destroyer »

Much appreciated but please don't go to any trouble.
Just wondered if anyone knew offhand. I'll
be over tomorrow and can nip in to the tourist
office.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

destroyer wrote:Hello all,
We're over for a couple of weeks from tomorrow. Wonder if anyone knows if Quinta dos Vales is having its usual open day this October? Can't find anything on their website. It's something we've been to for the past few years and enjoyed.
Thanks.
Only managed one visit to their Open Day and thoroughly enjoyed the day! Friends ordered couple of cases to be delivered to their home in Wales. The order arrived 2 days after their return and wine 'had travelled well"!!
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Just been to the Tourist office and they have no information either, and also checked online as I had done. They agreed that, if it was on, it would have been publicised by now. Shame - as Smudger says, a good day out, something different.
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

went there yesterday for wine tasting - Fabulous wines... from €5 to €15 for three glasses.
very impressive facilities.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

That sounds nice. We're booked for the tasting experience at Le Cro next week.
The open day is a lot more than a chance to sample the wine, though, with a winery tour, food and craft stalls, folk dancing and singers etc. There was even a chance to try archery with both longbow and crossbow. I had the distinction last year of being the only person, according to the instructor, ever to have completely lost an arrow there. We searched far and wide but it was nowhere to be found. Cost me five Euros. Clearly none of my ancestors were at Agincourt, or if they were they were on the wrong side. I spent a nervous few months worrying that news might emerge of the discovery of the corpse of a mysteriously skewered grape picker in the Algarve.
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

^^^ lol....
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

:)
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

destroyer wrote:That sounds nice. We're booked for the tasting experience at Le Cro next week.
The open day is a lot more than a chance to sample the wine, though, with a winery tour, food and craft stalls, folk dancing and singers etc. There was even a chance to try archery with both longbow and crossbow. I had the distinction last year of being the only person, according to the instructor, ever to have completely lost an arrow there. We searched far and wide but it was nowhere to be found. Cost me five Euros. Clearly none of my ancestors were at Agincourt, or if they were they were on the wrong side. I spent a nervous few months worrying that news might emerge of the discovery of the corpse of a mysteriously skewered grape picker in the Algarve.
destroyer by name, destroyer by.......... :D