Ryanair flights Luton and Manchester

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Ryanair flights Luton and Manchester

Post by pato »

destroyer wrote:That's a pretty sweeping statement, Pato. Take this question as it is intended, that is not as a provocation, but would you perhaps share your experiences that would lead you to make it?
I'm English by the way.
It's only my personal opinion and I'm very often wrong, but I did bank with the Allied Irish for a good few years, I don't dislike the race in fact I've always had good Irish friends even in the forces, but business! that's a different kettle of fish for sure. :lol:
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

We flew out with Ryanair on Monday 25th Sept & we fortunately had no problems. My take on this is that i think Mr O'leary has ceated this problem by treating his pilots very badly hence the 140 pilots that have jumped ship & gone to Norwegian Airlines which makes me think how many other pilots have gone to the other airlines of which there are loads. I have used Ryanair for the past 6 years & we have had no problems at all as we do follow their terms & conditions to the letter & we will continue to use them as they are in my opinionthe cheapest carrier out there by a long way.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

alf1956 wrote:We flew out with Ryanair on Monday 25th Sept & we fortunately had no problems. My take on this is that i think Mr O'leary has ceated this problem by treating his pilots very badly hence the 140 pilots that have jumped ship & gone to Norwegian Airlines which makes me think how many other pilots have gone to the other airlines of which there are loads. I have used Ryanair for the past 6 years & we have had no problems at all as we do follow their terms & conditions to the letter & we will continue to use them as they are in my opinionthe cheapest carrier out there by a long way.
My son is in the industry and the numbers exiting RYR is alarming appparently. And you are right MO has created this problem. Not sure I agree they are the cheapest though!

400,000 more passengers affected:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -edinburgh
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

We flew Faro - Prestwick today. Had booked December and January flights, Glasgow- Faro, Faro- Glasgow a few days before the farce started. Email today to say January flight cancelled.
:evil:
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by alf1956 »

djprescott wrote:
alf1956 wrote:We flew out with Ryanair on Monday 25th Sept & we fortunately had no problems. My take on this is that i think Mr O'leary has ceated this problem by treating his pilots very badly hence the 140 pilots that have jumped ship & gone to Norwegian Airlines which makes me think how many other pilots have gone to the other airlines of which there are loads. I have used Ryanair for the past 6 years & we have had no problems at all as we do follow their terms & conditions to the letter & we will continue to use them as they are in my opinionthe cheapest carrier out there by a long way.
My son is in the industry and the numbers exiting RYR is alarming appparently. And you are right MO has created this problem. Not sure I agree they are the cheapest though!

400,000 more passengers affected:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -edinburgh
I thought the Norwegian airlines exodus was the tip of the iceburg! Its only what we find with Ryanair being the cheapest from our prefered airport which is East Midlands, we use skyscanner etc & regular check all the other budget airlines & they usualy come up cheapest.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Civil Aviation Authority not happy with RYR now and getting involved! I think MO might need to come clean now on his airlines crewing issues!!
plumbob
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by plumbob »

we had flights booked for Christmas/new year cancelled yesterday. 2 hours later received a voucher for 80 euros each to spend on flights but guess what not on flights during the Christmas/new year period. :(
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

For full official details of your passenger rights under EU regulations check out this site:
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... dex_en.htm

If you have a smart phone or tablet it's worth downloading their app so that you have the official line with you at all times.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

destroyer wrote:That's a pretty sweeping statement, Pato. Take this question as it is intended, that is not as a provocation, but would you perhaps share your experiences that would lead you to make it?
I'm English by the way.
Watch how the Irish handle the Ryanair fiasco.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

pato wrote:
I'm English by the way.
Watch how the Irish handle the Ryanair fiasco.

https://www.aviationreg.ie/news/update- ... s.808.html