Car Rental

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Ceepeebee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Car Rental

Post by Ceepeebee »

Have you not had to wait in a huge effin' line at said hut to get paperwork ?
RichardHenshall
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by RichardHenshall »

I don't recall being other than 1st or 2nd in any queue but YMMV.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

Recommend Algarvedriver. Whenever i've tried others I have never found them as good. I agree car is always waiting at p4 and queue never been a problem. In summer holidays I think most agents will have a queue - if not I'd wonder why not. Price match is there if needed and loyalty bonus is great - for our next trip it's a free car for a week.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I agree with Farol. Used Algarvedriver for years, sometimes 3 or 4 times a year. As a regular visitor, I really appreciate the loyalty days which I use in Low Season, think had 3 hires for free!
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

Been using YOR 4 or 5 times a year for many years now. Few (3) problems over that time resolved amicably. Cars clean and accessible within a few minutes of the gates. Several free car rentals at low season due loyalty discount.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

RichardHenshall wrote:
Ceepeebee wrote:... Where do Algarve Driver drop the car? ...
Every time I've used Algarvedriver.com the car has been waiting for me close to the hut in P4, so it's available as soon as the paperwork has been completed.
They will deliver car to certain areas. If hire is 6 days or more then delivery to Carvoeiro area is free
TomUK
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by TomUK »

Ceepeebee wrote:Hi all,

Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead. Where do Algarve Driver drop the car? We've used Goldcar and whilst expensive it's a breeze to pickup the car.

We tried Travelrent or somebody the other year and I waited for 90mins in the heat to pickup from a hut...

Thanks
Algarve Driver use the cabin in car park four (P4). They share a long counter with other firms. The vehicle is usually parked behind this cabin, although sometimes it may be in front. Either way it is a few strides away. On return at the end of the hire the car is returned to P4 - take a ticket to raise the barrier and give it to the YOR rep.
However, when we were there in March, we were told to return through the barrier of car park P1. We were told to press the green ViaVerde button. This raises the barrier without having to take a ticket. They gave us an illustrated leaflet with full instructions which we were able to study as we prepared to return to Faro Airport. Once through the barrier you proceed across the car park and leave the car behind the cabin where you got it from.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

TomUK wrote:
Ceepeebee wrote:Hi all,

Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead. Where do Algarve Driver drop the car? We've used Goldcar and whilst expensive it's a breeze to pickup the car.

We tried Travelrent or somebody the other year and I waited for 90mins in the heat to pickup from a hut...

Thanks
Algarve Driver use the cabin in car park four (P4). They share a long counter with other firms. The vehicle is usually parked behind this cabin, although sometimes it may be in front. Either way it is a few strides away. On return at the end of the hire the car is returned to P4 - take a ticket to raise the barrier and give it to the YOR rep.
However, when we were there in March, we were told to return through the barrier of car park P1. We were told to press the green ViaVerde button. This raises the barrier without having to take a ticket. They gave us an illustrated leaflet with full instructions which we were able to study as we prepared to return to Faro Airport. Once through the barrier you proceed across the car park and leave the car behind the cabin where you got it from.
Yep, it is a really good system and works well.
martin.cork
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by martin.cork »

Always Algarve Driver (Yor) for me also.... for the past 10 years... very reliable and excellent value
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

Another supporter of Algarvedriver here but I have found their July and August charges a bit hard to accept.
bugsey
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bugsey »

I have used Algarve Driver for the last 12 years. Each rental has been for 8 or 9 weeks. Several times I have had free weeks because of their generous program of rewards.
If I have required any assistance (twice) they have always arrived in a reasonable time.
Prices very reasonable in the off season.
norbri
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by norbri »

Can any one advise ,
Are Auto Jardim still trading from the airport approach venue? Does anybody have experience of a company called Air Auto operating at Faro ?
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Algarve Eagle »

Yes, I have rented from Air Auto.

It was a while ago but from memory there were no issues; in fact I recall thinking that I would happily rent from them again. They are located off-airport (shuttle bus from P4) but very close, the car was fine and the staff polite and friendly.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Last month we tried Sixt, they were fine easy peasy right next to airport, to be honest over the years we've used Zit, Economy, Algarve, in fact most of them, only one dispute with Algarve which was annoying and I stopped using them, that apart all much of a muchness! 8)
norbri
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by norbri »

Thanks for the info, Algarve Eagle and Pato.