The Roundup

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: The Roundup

Post by pato »

algarve123 wrote:Dont mention the war!! :D :D :D
Or the U-Boat bases 8) :lol:
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

pato wrote:
algarve123 wrote:Dont mention the war!! :D :D :D
Or the U-Boat bases 8) :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Rampage
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Rampage »

Interesting comments here regarding Irish visitors. Personally I have always found Irish visitors to Carvoeiro great fun and filled with good cheer and humour. However, a Portuguese friend who manages a popular resort here told me that the Irish visitors he had to accommodate in the early season were "a nightmare". Kids were running riot, breaking furniture and causing mayhem. Their drunken parents would not heed any complaints about their behavior and threatened staff with violence. He was mightily relieved when the last of these people left. The nastiness at the Roundup may have involved some of these. My friend was so upset by it all that he is planning to refuse most Irish bookings for next summer.
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

^ have to say we have been told the exact same thing...
a group of them went into a local restaurant, ate like kings for 2 hours and then refused to pay.. offered €25 for the entire families meals... one guy stood up and said we would be fighting our way out here tonight... poor waiters had to let them go.

also know of furniture being broken, rooms being trashed and music being played all night long and abusive behaviour to staff.. etc etc.

obviously they do not represent the good old Irish folks in general... rather, I suspect these were similar to those on programs like "my big gypsy wedding" etc. ie, out of control no respect and don't think the rules apply to them...

needless to say.. along with anyone attending the BPM festival in Praia of Rocha or any organised ravefest for that matter, - they are also on the banned list !
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Rampage wrote:Interesting comments here regarding Irish visitors. Personally I have always found Irish visitors to Carvoeiro great fun and filled with good cheer and humour. However, a Portuguese friend who manages a popular resort here told me that the Irish visitors he had to accommodate in the early season were "a nightmare". Kids were running riot, breaking furniture and causing mayhem. Their drunken parents would not heed any complaints about their behavior and threatened staff with violence. He was mightily relieved when the last of these people left. The nastiness at the Roundup may have involved some of these. My friend was so upset by it all that he is planning to refuse most Irish bookings for next summer.
Very unfortunate for this to happen to your friend and disgraceful behaviour by these people. I will say however, his idea to refuse 'most' Irish people from booking is a poor reaction. If he for example has a group of people of colour or of a certain religion that causes trouble in the future will he then not take bookings from people of that race or of the same religion from there on?

Like I said, it was understandbly horrible for him to have people like this in the resort but if he thinks the solution to this is to treat 'most' people from Ireland in the future with prejudice and not allow them to the resort he is doing the business no favours and starting a very strange precedent for how he deals with issues.

I would like to see how he determines what people fall in the category of 'most' Irish people.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

One of the headlines in today's papers is 'Total ban on the sale of Roundup in Portugal'.

Does this mean that Will is unable to sell it or does it mean he will have to close ? :wink: :lol: