Rua Do Cerro - arghh

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Ceepeebee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Rua Do Cerro - arghh

Post by Ceepeebee »

Hi all,

Just wanted to vent a bit. 48 hours before we are to embark on a holiday to CVO we didn't even think was possible financially earlier in the year (for the 5th year running), I get an email from the individual we're renting from saying that due to increased tourism this year their house (property) has electricity issues and subsequently there is no AC in our apartment. Apparently this means that "surges" cannot be tolerated and that AC is the prime culprit of this. This is in the process of being fixed but won't be during our stay so we'll have to make do with fans.

Now I know this is a first world problem and not the end of the world, but given we managed to find a place, and the money to have our one getaway this year, when we didn't think it was possible, it all seems a little deflating.

I'm not sure what to believe as we normally just book our own Villas but have gone a little more budget this year, but to a reputable individual.

It's just infuriating!

I love CVO and I want my time there to be enjoyable...... here's hoping fans will cut it! MY Wife has been bad health wise this year and when I told her we could go to CVO again she was in tears....I want this to be as fun as we remember it. I'm sure I'm overreacting but I'm just venting :)

cheer me up guys :)
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Rua Do Cerro - arghh

Post by PTBUXTON »

Snow is forecast for Tomorrow,so you might not need the A/C :D
Ceepeebee
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Ceepeebee »

Snow?? Are you kidding lol!!
DVBRO
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DVBRO »

I have never heard about this problem with Air Conditioning units.
I think, they have been turned off as they really expensive to run and some renters leave them on 24/7!
I personally, living here for eleven years, don't have them. I use fans, which work a treat. Even in the extremely hot conditions we have at the moment.
There are a lot more things, imo, to rant about Carvoeiro and I am sure you will still have a good vacation.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

Most a/c units have a voltage sensor in the panel which can be set for a working range typically 200-260. You may find yours has been set too high and when you get a voltage spike it may be tripping. If you dont mind taking the cover off and checking the panel boards you might find it.