Headlamp beam deflectors

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
nigel.bains
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Headlamp beam deflectors

Post by nigel.bains »

Does anyone know where I can buy these locally for my right hand drive car?
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Headlamp beam deflectors

Post by cumbria sue »

nigel.bains wrote:Does anyone know where I can buy these locally for my right hand drive car?
We just use black tape when driving down as a lot of people do
Lowthian
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Lowthian »

The trick is getting the tape in the right place. If you point the car about a meter from a flat wall you should see the dipped beam pattern, which is horizontal to the right of its center with a kick up to the left of the center.
The purpose of the converter is to create a horizontal beam so that's it doesn't dazzle oncoming traffic.
If you place 3 fingers, held together, of your right hand on the headlight lens with your finger tips over the center of the bulb, & your hand to the drivers side, then move them up & down, & side to side until you get a level or flat topped beam pattern, you will then have a good Idea of the area to place the black tape.
I usually use 3 strips of tape & trim it diagonally down from the passenger side, to make it look more professional.
The image below shows the UK dipped beam pattern, veiwed on a headlamp tester. This should be horizontal all the way across after fitting converters
More info here- http://www.motoring-into-europe.co.uk/fitting.html
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I had a look at about a dozen UK registered cars in and around Carvoeiro and didn't see any of them with beam deflectors. Do modern cars have a special adjustment?
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

smudger wrote:I had a look at about a dozen UK registered cars in and around Carvoeiro and didn't see any of them with beam deflectors. Do modern cars have a special adjustment?
It appears to me that most cars in the UK sport at least one deflector. :roll: