Faro Airport

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Faro Airport

Post by joeysoap »

Arrived Sunday 29th, no delays as Geoff posts, flight landed approx 7.30pm, in CVO around 9pm. We used the motorway for convenience. Heavy fog for the last 10kms.

Returned on Saturday, security check was less than 1 minute as we appeared to be only flight at that time. (This was fairly obvious in duty free and the cafes).

There appeared to be 15 or so security staff undergoing training at one of the security desks.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Returned yesterday....no queues at Easyjet Bag drop, security nor passport......only confusion though was that you now have to go through passport control before you get to the cafes , not after!
It was rather frustrating seeing people through the glass window having a coffee but no obvious way of getting there : the signs just said Passports or Toilets!
There's still a lot of work in progress and it would have been congested if it was a busier day. Also, no sign of Soho nor the Irish Bar which did good bacon baguettes/sandwiches....was left with a rather ordinary Subway version!
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

I look forward to seeing the changes in 10 days time.
tomgibson
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tomgibson »

Overall it is a vast improvement.
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

Agreed, a vast improvement. Still room for more though, seating area close to the transfer kiosks (greenbus, hoppa etc) is required. ( during the busy season there’s customers standing everywhere waiting for their transfers)

The chemist is closed, I would have thought at an airport this was a basic.

Anybody know where the post office is now, I need to top up my MEO internet next week and the post office in CVO may be closed by the time I get to CVO
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

To answer my own question; there is only an ‘automated’ post office at Faro airport: No staff and no WiFi top ups available. None in the newsagents either.

Still work being carried out, in the entreance hall to the side of the stairs/escalators before passport control.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Geoff wrote: Also, no sign of Soho nor the Irish Bar which did good bacon baguettes/sandwiches....was left with a rather ordinary Subway version!
Agree Geoff, miss the Irish Bar for glass of vinho etc.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

It took over an hour to get through Easyjet bag drop, security and passport control on tuesday... over half an hour with Easyjet , about 15mins with each of the other two....good job it wasn't August!
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

We flew out of Faro on Wednesday, arrived at airport at 9am. Someone stopped people using the escalator but people just climbed up the stairs! Took us exactly 31 minutes to get through security scanning from when we joined the queue. Less than 5 minutes at Passport Control. New pub beside Soho coffee shop.