Tivoli Refurbishment

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
alf1956
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Tivoli Refurbishment

Post by alf1956 »

Been past today and major construction work is still going on, cranes on site etc so I think that April may be a bit optimistic!
Arlberg
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Arlberg »

So it's opening on the 10th April.
Any ideas for the opening party theme.
My suggestion would be a trowel and towel party!!
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Arlberg wrote:So it's opening on the 10th April.
Any ideas for the opening party theme.
My suggestion would be a trowel and towel party!!
And a new chequebook! :mrgreen:
bugsey
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bugsey »

See todays Portugal Resident article says its officially opening Monday 10th April.
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

bugsey wrote:See todays Portugal Resident article says its officially opening Monday 10th April.
Headline should read Half Opening , No Gym or Spa till May , Skybar not open till then either and 118 or so rooms still to be finished . Never mind they are giving you a 20% discount if you want to go now .
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

We are coming out on the 19th. Booking.com are quoting £1,098 for a week B&B in a sea-view room.

Decided on http://bellevueanlage.com/en/

I expect will be fine. No brekky, but we hardly do that, anyway.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

We've stayed at these apartments a few times. We had a one bed on the first floor with a sea view. Ours had rather old fashioned but very high quality furnishings and was spacious, well equipped and clean. As there are so few apartments the pool was often empty. Run by a nice chap called Dieter when we stayed.
Nice position for a walk into town, and close to Algar Seco and the boardwalk. Only downside we found was the proximity to A Rede and its "entertaining" staff. No recent reports on their antics though, so they may have calmed down.
As for the Tivoli, I think you've made the right decision. I was over last week and drove by. Aside from the long line of vans and trucks parked dangerously on the road, it's clearly still very much a "work in progress". I'd say a stay there at the moment would be far from relaxing.
TGM
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by TGM »

Just drove past and it is still very much a building site, if it is going to open on the 10th. April then there are going to be lots of complaints.
Who wants to pay for a 5 star hotel which is still under construction, it will be like the old days, when you booked a holiday in Spain and found yourself staying on a building site.
Silki
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Silki »

Would anyone believe, the owners of the hotel did not apply for a licence to do all the works. Apparently they told the Camara they were doing internal modifications so no one from the Fiscal checked until just recently!
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SJ & RE »

Just looked on trip advisor re guests comments etc and it seems people have made 'stayed' comments since Dec 2016, so unsure on reality .
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by madaboutangling »

Visited on Friday night for a drink at the rooftop Sky Bar. The foyer and main areas are very stylish. Lift up to the bar which has a superb view over the pool down to the sea. However that does not make up for uncomfortable seats and an odd drinks menu with awful rose wine.The waiter disloyally said it was ridiculous not having it still not all ready - you could see bedrooms not completed. It only opened the bar last week and we won't be back. For a good drinking position near the sea I would have a drink at Parc Algar Seco or at O.Stop at Centiennes beach - lovely at dusk. Hope the beach will be more accessible soon since some of the steps got washed away.
Last edited by madaboutangling on Tue May 30, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

madaboutangling wrote:Vinsisted on Friday night for a drink at the rooftop Sky Bar. The foyer and main areas are very stylish. Lift up to the bar which has a superb view over the pool down to the sea. However that does not make up for uncomfortable seats and an odd drinks menu with awful rose wine.The waiter disloyally said it was ridiculous not having it still not all ready - you could see bedrooms not completed. It only opened the bar last week and we won't be back. For a good drinking position near the sea I would have a drink at Parc Algar Seco or at O.Stop at Centiennes beach - lovely at dusk. Hope the beach will be more accessible soon since some of the steps got washed away.
I've seen photos of the roof top bar and wasn't very impressed with the glass panels that are suppose to stop guests falling off the roof!! Seemed not high enough??