Car Hire

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Bride2b2016
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Car Hire

Post by Bride2b2016 »

Hi,

We are staying in Suites Alba outside Carvoeiro for a week in April. We are thinking of hiring a car for short trips to supermarkets etc as we understand Suites Alba is too far to walk to Carvoeiro. Can anyone recommend a car hire company who operates from Carvoeiro, ie. we want to be able to collect/drop off the car in Carvoeiro.

Many thanks, :D
TGM
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Car Hire

Post by TGM »

Algarve Driver see ad top of this page, I have used them for many years good prices and very reliable.
No rip off charges or arguments about scratches.

Good Luck
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

I've used Algarve Driver several times a year for over 7 years (could have bought a car with what I've paid in hire costs :lol: ).
They will deliver to Carvoeiro area for a fee but a hire for 6 days and over the delivery/collection is free.
PhilT
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by PhilT »

You don't say how you're getting from the airport, but for a week you might find a basic car hire not much different from transfer costs plus occasional hire - no trekking to pick up/ drop off and you get the chance to see more Algarve.
Bride2b2016
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Bride2b2016 »

Thank you. We are travelling with a large group who have arranged bus transfers from airport to hotel. Will contact algarve drivers!
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

TGM wrote:Algarve Driver see ad top of this page, I have used them for many years good prices and very reliable.
No rip off charges or arguments about scratches.

Good Luck
Yes, I will second this and the other replies regarding Algrave Driver/YOR car.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

It's a lovely spot where you are staying, but rather isolated...we use Travelent, good , reliable, cheap, effecient.