Birthday Cake

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Blue1989
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Birthday Cake

Post by Blue1989 »

Hi all, newbie to the forum but have been to Carvoeiro a few times now. We're going back this summer and want to get a birthday cake out there for a family friend.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Any help would be appreciated.
John Burgess
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Birthday Cake

Post by John Burgess »

I have had to get several cakes over the years and I always use intermarch and you can but candles their aswell hope this helps
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hi Blue1989.

Welcome to the Carvoeiro Forum. I have found it very useful since joining a few years ago, particularly when making enquiries about a birthday cake. I was recommended Pastelaria Fabrica Velha located on the right hand side of the in road. We have since had six cakes from there (and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them), including two for my young granddaughter, and a special birthday one for my son-in-law, who is a keen Arsenal fan (well, somebody has to be!!) - it was a very good copy of the Gunners badge.

Hope you manage to sort something out.

Tony Knight
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Tony Knight wrote:Hi Blue1989.

Welcome to the Carvoeiro Forum. I have found it very useful since joining a few years ago, particularly when making enquiries about a birthday cake. I was recommended Pastelaria Fabrica Velha located on the right hand side of the in road. We have since had six cakes from there (and have thoroughly enjoyed all of them), including two for my young granddaughter, and a special birthday one for my son-in-law, who is a keen Arsenal fan (well, somebody has to be!!) - it was a very good copy of the Gunners badge.

Tony Knight
If that's the cake shop just down past the book cellar as you come into CVO on the in road then would concur. Fabulous cakes!!
Blue1989
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Blue1989 »

Tony Knight wrote:Hi Blue1989.

Tony Knight

Thanks for your welcome and reply. We have had a cake from the one you mention before, which we didn't really enjoy. However it may of just been that particular cake. We will probably pop in and see what they can offer.

Thanks again.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

And get a second mortgage to pay for it at their prices>
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I ordered mine there but they didn't have enough candles. :(
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Check out Helydoce in Lagoa....never had a cake from there, but they look very enticing!
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

Geoff wrote:Check out Helydoce in Lagoa....never had a cake from there, but they look very enticing!
we have, and they're great! to eat & value 8)
FennsT
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by FennsT »

We have used the cafe bakery on the Inroad, right hand side just after the speed bumps, first group of shops and beside Golf Shop.
Great value, never been disappointed.
Blue1989
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Blue1989 »

FennsT wrote:We have used the cafe bakery on the Inroad, right hand side just after the speed bumps, first group of shops and beside Golf Shop.
Great value, never been disappointed.

Thanks for your input. We aren't in CVO until the summer but have been discussing this recently so we will also have a look where you recommend.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Geoff wrote:Check out Helydoce in Lagoa....never had a cake from there, but they look very enticing!
I was told by a local that Helydoce in Lagoa and Pastelaria Fabrica Velha in Carvoeiro are owned by same person. Maybe why both shops sell great cakes and pastries :D