Vegan food

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Vegan food

Post by Tony Knight »

Can anybody please tell me if they know of any retail outlet in Carvoeiro that sells pre-packed vegan food. We will be staying in Sesmarias in August and one of our party is a vegan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tony Knight
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Vegan food

Post by pato »

Tony Knight wrote:Can anybody please tell me if they know of any retail outlet in Carvoeiro that sells pre-packed vegan food. We will be staying in Sesmarias in August and one of our party is a vegan. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tony Knight
Sorry to hear that they're a pain in the ass!
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

You will find that Intermarche and Apolonia are both very sympathetic and well stocked to suit.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Richard.

Many thanks for your response to my posting enquiring about obtaining vegan food. We'll certainly look in those supermarkets mentioned when we do our shopping. Looking forward to our visit already, and have been doing so since our return last August.

Regards.

Tony
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by American Pie »

You can buy lettuce pretty much anywhere :D
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

Good afternoon Tony,

I know here in Ireland that Aldi give a useful list on their website of vegan foods they stock. I believe some of these are also in stock in the Portuguese Aldi.

Please see the following link (If you click the link on the bottom of the page that says 'view now' it will bring you to the list):

https://www.aldi.ie/intolerance/vegan

Hope this helps, enjoy your visit.
Tony Knight
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Tony Knight »

Hello Algarve123.

Many thanks for your reply to my posting. Your link to the Aldi website certainly produced a comprehensive list of vegan products. We know from shopping at Aldi's on our last couple of visits that their range of products differs to those in the UK, but it will certainly be worth checking them out when we come out in August. Since reading your reply I have found a website, Algarve food and drink - Algarve uncovered, that gives a lot of information about buying vegetarian and vegan products in their supermarkets. We are sure that we'll enjoy our next visit, especially with relatives with teenage girls (one already counting down the number of 'sleeps' until they go) staying in a villa just around the corner from us.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Tony
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

You are welcome Tony, hope it helps. Have a great time :D