CURTAINS

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
katie b
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

CURTAINS

Post by katie b »

Hi everyone........I'm looking to replace my lounge curtains soon and wondered if anyone knows where I can purchase
some 'ready-made' or 'made to measure' curtains. I remember some years ago, a good shop on the road out of Carvoeiro (near a
petrol station I think) but he closed down........did he re-open somewhere else? I've looked in Casa Texteis but they are rather
expensive and not much selection. I'd be grateful for any ideas or info.......thanks.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: CURTAINS

Post by Farol »

Really depends what you are looking for but Leroy Merlin do both ready made and material.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

I think that Conforama at Guia do ready made curtains. There will also be IKEA in due course!!
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Try Joana of Inspired Interiors you can find her in Fine and Country estate agents on the out road, or call her 968791411
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I'm waiting for the final curtain, hope to get to 10,000 posts before I do though. :roll:
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

pato wrote:I'm waiting for the final curtain, hope to get to 10,000 posts before I do though. :roll:
the stats say you average 3.05 posts per day, you're 114 posts away, that's 38 days, 4th March, hang on in there! :wink: 8)
Elfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Elfie »

I can recommend HQ in Parque Empresarial do Algarve just off the N125. Really good for made to measure and great service.
katie b
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by katie b »

Thanks everybody for your helpful replies. Will follow them all up very soon.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

There is a curtain shop on the in-road, opposite the bakers and by Millennium....and another in Ferraguedo , on the way to Parchal, about 100m past the charity shop.....but unless the door is ajar, you would never know its there.
Never used either, but might be worth a quote if windows are non standard size, which they always seem to be.
katie b
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by katie b »

Thanks Geoff, I'll give them a try aswell.
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

Geoff wrote:There is a curtain shop on the in-road, opposite the bakers and by Millennium....and another in Ferraguedo , on the way to Parchal, about 100m past the charity shop.....but unless the door is ajar, you would never know its there.
Never used either, but might be worth a quote if windows are non standard size, which they always seem to be.
the one on the in road altered a whole houseful of curtains for us & did a brilliant job, highly recommended.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

sunman wrote:
pato wrote:I'm waiting for the final curtain, hope to get to 10,000 posts before I do though. :roll:
the stats say you average 3.05 posts per day, you're 114 posts away, that's 38 days, 4th March, hang on in there! :wink: 8)
Yeah! my birthday is on the 20th. :)
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

sunman wrote:
Geoff wrote:There is a curtain shop on the in-road, opposite the bakers and by Millennium....and another in Ferraguedo , on the way to Parchal, about 100m past the charity shop.....but unless the door is ajar, you would never know its there.
the one on the in road altered a whole houseful of curtains for us & did a brilliant job, highly recommended.
I've also used the oe on the in road and they did a good job of replacing the header tape on 4 large curtains.