Football

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Sylvia
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Football

Post by Sylvia »

Thank you so much Mr. Beckham & Mr. Vassell !!
I loooooooooove you Portugal. It was a perfect crime. Goooooooo on !!

Sylvia
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

I love Portugal too Sylvia......BUT......far as Im concerned its a hollow victory..England truly won the game just before the 90 mins of full time.
I would have been happy to see Portugal win fair& square..but.. we were robbed by the terrible innacurate decision of the ref......
Commiserations to England..and Im sorry for you lads :(
My moneys on Holland on France now not Portugal...unless they have the same referee of course :evil: :x
rlhvillas
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by rlhvillas »

would that be hamburg in germany ? the same germany who didn't even qualify through their group ?

Post by Guest »

That ref. was a nuisance in previous match. Terrible decisions and he kept getting in the bloody way :evil: Sack him now!
Congrats to Portugal though especially for bringing on one of my favourites Rui Costa :P Yes I cheered when he scored :lol: :? :P
David Beckham has been lazy throughout this tournament - most probably too shagged out from his season in Spain :wink:
Hope Portugal go on to win the tournament now!
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

I would have agreed with you Guest ...about Portugal going on to win ..but still say its a very hollow victory..England really won....and smell something very dodgy about it(probably the smell of Swiss cheese :x )...and Ive lost heart in it now :( .
my favourite in the Portuguese side is Ronaldo..wonderful to watch....and inexhaustable :shock: .....

Post by Guest »

agree with Ellie we was robbed that ref oughta be run out of town.Dont think portugal will win anyway.bad decision bad night for sport :evil:
croeso
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by croeso »

Bad luck England but for most of the 90 minutes you were really second best with too many players looking very tired & jaded e.g. Gerrard. I feel sorry for the likes of Campbell (immense), Gary Neville (defied his critics) and Cole who had a fantastic game against Ronaldo. Beckham was a major disappointment (looks overweight & unfit) if he wasn't captain he would have been subbed. Poor decision by ref to disallow the 'goal', but if you jump with the keeper 99% of the time the ref will award a free kick to the keeper. Whole game was exciting to watch - who says that football is boring? Penalty shoot outs although great for fans are a lottery - unfortunately Vassell will be remembered for a long time for the all the wrong reasons!

I imagine that the whole of Portugal is suffering from a hangover this morning.

Regards to all in CVO - good luck in the semi-final.
Di_Berlin
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Di_Berlin »

CONGRATULATION PORTUGAL!!!

Greetings!
Diane
dodger

Post by dodger »

as a scotsman,last nights result was fantastic and it couldnt of happened in a nicer way either,now though we'll be forced to listen to moans and groans about the ref and the pen spot,what goes around comes around,remember the russian linesman of 19 bloddy 66?also i did'nt realise that a disallowed effort on goal was still seen to be called a'goal'!!get real,playing all the tournement like there is 2 minutes to go never won any team anything. :P
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

They're going home, they're going home, England's going home..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a match - Hollywood, eat your heart out...that was suspense, thrill, action and comedy all in one. :P :D

BTW, that little 5mt area infront of thr goal is the goalies zone, if you push or in this case HOLD DOWN the keep in that area it is a free kick for him.
I cannot beleive the BBC commentator would go ahead and say that Engalnd was robbed even before he saw the first replay!! I mean, do you want England supporters to go rampaging through our streets under the false impression tha they have the right to break windows because they were robbed????

Face facts, a team that scores and early goal and then tries to hold that result over 90mins in a Euro quarter final by barricading themselves in their own half deserve to be sent home.
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

Well if we had to go out then.......

Better team won it , the Roonster going of sealed our fate early doors. I hope the hosts win it. We can argue all day about what could have been but as my six year old daughter said " Albano will be made up won't he dad" (grand cafe). :D
Anchovy
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Anchovy »

Bah!! HAMBURG!! I mean, humbug!!

Beckham should concentrate on his football more and on his loos (sic) women less :evil: For God's sake, will someone show him how to take a penalty - Turkey, France, Portugal etc etc

And no, dodger, please don't you offer. You Scots should stick to tossing your cabers. Don't preach to us about football. Ally's bloody Army is all you ever had to shout about and how I laughed at that rabble. Learn from those who taught you the game before you come on here gloating.

Sporran Your Stick Haggis Up Your. (Rearrange into some semblance of order if you are bright enough :idea: )

Ellie, Ronaldo is a great talent, but a diving, falling cheat.

croeso, you are the only one who talks sense on this forum. I agree with you wholeheartedly, although after watching that disallowed effort (ok, dodger?) many times now, I take the view that we were unlucky on the night to have a referee who would be in a small majority of whistleblowers who would not give it. He was absolutely attrocious with some of his decisions and should never be allowed to officiate at a professional level again. When I first saw that it was Richard Branson who was in charge of the game I thought we were in with a chance but it was not to be.

As for Vassell, even the Aston Villa fans can't understand how he gets picked to play for England. :shock:

Now I have to swallow and say Good Luck through gritted teeth. Portugal were the better team on the night.

Thanks you to the good people on this forum for giving me the chance to get this off my chest. See you in Germany in 2 years..................
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

They're going home, they're going home, England's going home.....

sorry, could not help myself :lol: :lol: :lol:
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

Who will drink the Superbock lake that is building up as we speak? A double edged sword knocking England out. :(

Post by Guest »

Remember 1996? Spain were also put out due to a disallowed goal against England. Funny how no-one mentions that!