It seems that the Tivoli is moving upmarket

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Tom_I
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

It seems that the Tivoli is moving upmarket

Post by Tom_I »

I've just returned from a week in CVO. I usually stay at the Tivoli - it's a bit faded, but it's in a fantastic position, the accommodation is comfortable, the staff are great, and it costs the same as a crummy B&B in the UK.

But talking to someone on reception, it seems that it is closing for 5 months over the winter, and re-opening in April next year as a 5-star hotel with 100 renovated rooms, the rest to be improved over time.

It was never going to stay the same for ever. I've just checked out online booking. For the last few days of October the cheapest rate for a double/twin room with sea view is €68 per night bed and breakfast. Next April the cheapest rate for the same rooms is €201 per night.

I presume they are confident of attracting customers at the new rates. I'm afraid I'm going to have to find somewhere else to stay...
madaboutangling
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: It seems that the Tivoli is moving upmarket

Post by madaboutangling »

I heard a Chinese group had bought it and were taking it upmarket. We know a lot of people who have liked staying there and will be disappointed if its will be too expensive now.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Tom_I wrote:I've just returned from a week in CVO. I usually stay at the Tivoli - it's a bit faded, but it's in a fantastic position, the accommodation is comfortable, the staff are great, and it costs the same as a crummy B&B in the UK.

But talking to someone on reception, it seems that it is closing for 5 months over the winter, and re-opening in April next year as a 5-star hotel with 100 renovated rooms, the rest to be improved over time.

It was never going to stay the same for ever. I've just checked out online booking. For the last few days of October the cheapest rate for a double/twin room with sea view is €68 per night bed and breakfast. Next April the cheapest rate for the same rooms is €201 per night.

I presume they are confident of attracting customers at the new rates. I'm afraid I'm going to have to find somewhere else to stay...
Can you compare April with October? :roll:
Silki
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Silki »

I have a cat who prefers to live at the Tivoli than at home so feed her every day there. I do hope they will not be putting the price up for her accommodation next year!! Presently she lives in the little greenhouse by the gardeners room.
Tom_I
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Tom_I »

pato wrote:Can you compare April with October? :roll:
Yes, you can, at least in terms of the cost of staying at the Tivoli. Room rates in April and October are usually roughly the same - or at least they have been up until now. Next April, after the refurbishment, it looks as if they will be charging nearly three times as much.
SJ & RE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SJ & RE »

I would check prices for puss cats accom for future !!!
Also keep a closer eye on her if they are going to do all that refub, thenoise and comotion might make her take flight
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

SJ & RE wrote:I would check prices for puss cats accom for future !!!
Also keep a closer eye on her if they are going to do all that refub, thenoise and comotion might make her take flight
Keeping the scallies out eh! 8)
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

I am really worried about where the rich are going to park their yachts. Portimao, I expect. But will the bus service be good enough?
Our stays have been good, but time to move on.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Bigben wrote:I am really worried about where the rich are going to park their yachts. Portimao, I expect. But will the bus service be good enough?
Our stays have been good, but time to move on.
It's worked then eh! :lol:
njc0607
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by njc0607 »

had a mooch around there yesterday.. some serious works going on....
the mirrored glass that reflects the ocean looks great...
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

It wont actually hurt the area to have a top clas hotel.
It should bring some benefits with it.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

It's about time the upgraded the place to accommodate the increasing number of scousers visiting the area we're very discerning people y'know. :D