New Years Eve 2016

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Michelle546
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

New Years Eve 2016

Post by Michelle546 »

Hi

Can anybody recommend a restaurant for New Years Eve please for meal and entertainment near the centre.

Many thanks
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: New Years Eve 2016

Post by PTBUXTON »

Hi Michelle, NYE can be a bit hit and miss we've had 2 great 1 indifferent 2 very poor,Oasis always puts on a decent meal on NYE as does Paulo at Ponte de Encontro,there are a few other places,plus the Dutch bar Carvoeiro Bar on Restaurant hill.
charles hewitt
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by charles hewitt »

A Tasquinha at Monte Carvoeiro is hosting a "do". A friend went last year and highly recommended it.
Michelle546
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Michelle546 »

Hi Both

Thank you for your information....gives me something to think about. We was thinking about booking a restaurant then maybe going to Round Up or Carvoeiro Bar, but not sure how busy they may be.

Regards

Michelle
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

charles hewitt wrote:A Tasquinha at Monte Carvoeiro is hosting a "do". A friend went last year and highly recommended it.
We celebrated NYE at this venue last year. Really enjoyed the night, started sometime around 7.30. We left around 2am. Meal was excellent, about 6 courses if I remember correctly, music until we left, fireworks (of sorts) at midnight, and sandwitches after midnight (for those still peckish).

We only managed one visit since, in August this year. Marco was there when we arrived and came over for a chat. When we finished I asked for the bill and it was a lot less than I expected. Before he left for the night (he was expecting to be a daddy shortly again) he marked our bill 15% discount and that included the drinks. For the food alone highly recommended.
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by American Pie »

Round up tends to be closed at NY eve as Will normally goes to Brazil. I would check it out. Jailhouse may be open but again I Would check.
Lowthian
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Lowthian »

American Pie wrote:Round up tends to be closed at NY eve as Will normally goes to Brazil. I would check it out. Jailhouse may be open but again I Would check.
Jailhouse Dave is planning on opening over Xmas & New year.
Alison
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Alison »

We have tried several places for a NYE bash as we've been out over New Year for many years. Last year tried to book A Tasquinha as we had also been recommended this but were told (on our visit in September) that he was already fully booked for NYE. He said he was considering adding outside gazebo type extensions but this never materialised so we ended up trying out the German Vila Vita beer garden at Porches roundabout - OK food and quite a fun atmosphere but not sure we'd do that again for NYE. Several years running we just got together with friends at whoever had the biggest house and had our own party with everyone bringing something food wise - partly because we haven't managed to find exactly what we're looking for at any restaurant.

We tried the Bon Bon several years ago (before Art moved on and it went stratospheric in price). Whilst the food was fantastic we found it a bit 'quiet' atmosphere wise. We've also been to Club Nau on Praia Grande, near Ferragudo - good atmosphere and fireworks at midnight but can be a bit chilly as the tables are all under a gazebo type room with only limited heating. We've been to Ponte Romano (on the old bridge in Silves) several times - great atmosphere with whole generations of families there, cheap and cheerful food, drink included in the price but after a couple of years we ended up wanting to try something with better quality food and something different to their line dancing style of music and dancing. A couple of years ago we tried the Primavera restaurant at the top RH side of restaurant hill - food excellent and a small trio of musicians providing background music but nowhere to have a bop - 4 hours in a restaurant waiting for midnight can drag a bit!

Anyway, there are lots of places that do a NYE bash - Good luck finding something that suits you!
Michelle546
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Michelle546 »

Many thanks everybody for your responses.

Have contacted a couple of venues, so fingers crossed there may still be some availability for four of us :)
shanagarry
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by shanagarry »

We did The Wolf last year - it was superb.
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Jailhouse Dave used to have a group of regulars at the chinese and then open the Jailhouse at about 9pm with fancy dress...all good fun, but it meant an early meal & some hanging around if you didn't want 5 hours of drinking!

We tried Fim de Mondo in Feraguedo, which had a bit of impromptu dancing but closed at about 11.30 so you could walk up to the church & have a grand view of the fireworks.

Excellent meal at O Baradas, but no music.

Good hunting!
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Hi

For NYE the Wolf is the place to go - second to none in the area.

Pickwick
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

Is Wolf the one at the top of restaurant hill on the right?...if so, you need earplugs!
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

No earplugs required! No idea what Geoff is talking about!!!!!
Geoff
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Geoff »

No idea what Geoff is talking about!!!!!
Well, it was probably a year or so ago, but the music was so loud inside, I could barely hear myself order a drink. Perhaps its changed.