Room 101

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
PaulGoode
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Room 101

Post by PaulGoode »

Just returned from our umpteenth visit to our favourite resort. Weather was a bit mixed but compared to the UK it was pretty dammed good. As usual everyone was friendly and our favourite restaurants did not let us down. They still offer great food from rustic to fine dining at very competitive prices.

The two issues that I would gladly consign to the Carvoeiro Room 101 are Hapless dog owners and Hapless pedestrians! It is a shame that 'dog mess' is still far too evident in the streets and worse still on the beaches, particularly the town beach. Despite prominent signs stating "No Animals" at the beach entrance there are some owners that ignore the sign and take their dogs on to the beach and worse still some of them do not clean up after them. It is bad enough to find it in the streets but when it is on the beach where most walk barefoot and children play on it, it is disgusting and a real health hazard. It is pointless having signs if the rule isn't enforced. There are also many stray dogs around and that is a separate issue that needs to be addressed.

Hapless pedestrians are very evident, especially when they walk to and from the beach across the one way system. They look bemused when they walk across and see vehicles coming towards them and just continue in 'slow motion'. Many of them seem to lose any semblance of road sense or awareness when they walk across.

That is my mini rant over and I am sure when we are back again next year that nothing will have changed.
DVBRO
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Room 101

Post by DVBRO »

Love your Rant Paul, could not agree more.
Having lived here for many years to escape the Rat race, I think they leave their brains an intelligence at home when they are out and about. As for the driving, don't get me going.
I could go on much more, however I will be accused of being a Grumpy Old Man, yet again.
Please if you are visiting this beautiful Country, please show some respect for those who work and live here!
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

Well said, we are only here on holiday for 2 weeks in August but it drives us mad how Tourists !!! (yes I know we are such) think they can wonder all over the steets thinking that for some insane reason that because they re on holiday the roads have turned into pavements. Restaurant hill on a evening is a nightmare when trying to drive on it. People with small children and buggys all over the place. People would never act like that at home. Plus after having a nasty dog poop incident after being on the town beach I can relate to that one too. It must drive people who live here mad. :(
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

we lived in Carvoeiro for 10 years & what drove us mad was August when all the tourists showed up, we ended up going on our own holidays to get away from it.

quite why tourists can't park up out of town or leave their cars at their hotels/ villas and walk into town is beyond me.

Carvoeiro used to be a nice slow, sleepy peaceful village and it's a pity that folk can't arrive with that mindset, what's the rush to get everywhere?

& re the dog poo; most beaches used to let dogs on in the winter & ban them through the summer; main beaches were no dogs allowed all year round, & most folk adhered to that, it's a shame that a few let the majority down.

it's not Manchester, or downtown Wolverhampton, or Piccadilly Circus; walk up & down restaurant hill in the evenings, look at the menu's & pretend they're not all the same :o, breathe deeply & soak up the delicious relaxed atmosphere 8)