A-Fonte

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

A-Fonte

Post by PTBUXTON »

My Daughter and her intended are going over to CVO next week, they intend using the above restaurant, its up by the old Safari bar (She lives on piri piri chicken) as they are not hiring a car they are looking for a place that serves a good portion of piri piri chicken in the village, She used to go to see Paulo at Casa Algarvia,can anyone offer any advice as to where to go?
e-richard

Re: A-Fonte

Post by e-richard »

If she goes to A Fonte, then beware that they serve the (home made) piri piri sauce on the side for a VERY good reason.
Its unbelievably hot and one is advised to try it slowly, cautiously and without any bravado.
Aldo
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Aldo »

Paulo has moved to Ponte Entrecoto (?) into Areias Moinhos, still excellent, infact better! Great set lunch menu
Wiltsie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Wiltsie »

Best piri-piri chicken in central CVO i reckon.
We ate there on a couple of lunchtimes in September. Freshly cooked, lovely chips as well.
Only downside is the wait time. When we went in Sept there were only 4 other covers and we waited almost an hour for two piri-piri chicken meals.
Having said that it is much better value at 8.50 euros than say over 10 euros at The Bote at the beach.
I think A Fonte is owned by the guy who owns Mamma Mias up at Monte CVO and Bon Bon.
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

O Canthino next door to the Wolf ( Black Stove ) was there on Monday very nice chicken piri piri €8.20 . Not too hot and a good portion of chicken .
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Really enjoy the piri piri in A Fonte, a trip to CVO is not complete until a meal (or 2) at A Fonte. My son-in-law loves his spicy sauces and does admit A Fonte has one of the hottest he has tried! You have been warned.
Regular lunchtime diners incl taxi driver with the blond hair from Monchique, bank manager from bank up from Hemies and Kappa, the newsagent/gift shop.
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

Thanks everyone, I will pass on all the info :)
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by piggywidden93 »

Martins Grill do a nice Piri Piri cooked on outside grill if you are limited to central town. :!: