Theft in the night from villa

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
phillw
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Theft in the night from villa

Post by phillw »

Hi everyone,

Just to let everyone know to be extra vigilant on locking your doors and windows in the evening. A week ago today whilst on a family holiday, we were broken into sometime in the middle of the night and had a substantial amount of expensive gadgets taken from our villa.
We tried not to let it dampen the holiday but our insurers are proving a little difficult now we are back in the UK.
We were staying at Club Atlantico. We had 2 iPads, a Samsung tablet, a Macbook laptop and Gopro 3+ camera with all its accessories taken, as well as some wifi speakers, a Lumix camera and an iPhone.
All of these things are replaceable I know. But the hundreds of precious photographs and videos saved on the various items (mainly the laptop) are not.

Please anyone with any information contact me.. And double check that you have locked your doors and windows!
piggywidden93
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: Theft in the night from villa

Post by piggywidden93 »

Thats very sad and I hope you still managed to enjoy your holiday. we have been staying at Clube Atlantico for the last 16 years and the housekeeper has been warning us about the problem with burglars for the last few years. Sadly now that many of us take our gadgets, phones etc it is probably getting to be a real problem. Hope you manage to get your insurance and that it doesn't put you off staying there again :(
Nicola37
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Re: Theft in the night from villa

Post by Nicola37 »

Hi Phillw
Sorry to hear about your recent experience. Myself and my family were also a victim of a burglary whilst staying in a private villa at Clube Atlantico last week - very similar circumstances. An amount of items were taken whilst we slept in the apartment - 2 ipads, iphone, cash, camera and a pair of trainers.
What is most distressing is that everywhere was completely locked and secure so we have come to the conclusion that someone has a key to this property and was aware we were there and had valuables on us. Interestingly the police told us they hadn't had incidents around there recently.
I hope you get your insurance sorted, worried we may have the same problem!
We are raising the whole situation with the management company and I would stress all in that area to be vigilant - although we were with regards to locking up the villa (perhaps not so much with putting everything in the safe each night). Shame as we had such a wonderful time and such a beautiful place.