Hotel Sol

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Hotel Sol

Post by djprescott »

Anyone stayed at the Hotel Sol recently? A friend is looking to go there and just wondered how good the accommodation is. Many thanks.
sportingjez
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Hotel Sol

Post by sportingjez »

DJ, I haven't stayed there but there are some videos on You Tube showing the Hotel bedrooms, dining room etc, might be worth a look. Looks comfortable tourist class I'd say.
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

We stayed there last year and to be honest it's pretty basic . Don't like the pool area as it's surrounded on three sides by the building and feels really enclosed . Friendly and clean . We wouldn't go back but as I said it's not bad just our choice . I feel the Mirachoro just up the road is far superior for the same money .
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Thanks for the replies. I think there was a difference of £300 per week between Hotel Sol and Mirachoro so is it worth that much difference?
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

No I wouldn't pay £300 more to stay at Mirachoro , probs best going to the Sol . As I said it's not bad . When we go in April and oct the hotels are usually really closely matched price wise and that's why we opt for the Mirachoro . Hope this helps .
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Raithstar wrote:No I wouldn't pay £300 more to stay at Mirachoro , probs best going to the Sol . As I said it's not bad . When we go in April and oct the hotels are usually really closely matched price wise and that's why we opt for the Mirachoro . Hope this helps .
That's really helpful Raithstar. I will pass this on to my friend.

Many thanks.
Dave
streamline
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by streamline »

The price can vary between booking companies. We normally use Alpharooms.com to book at the Mirachoro (and other locations) and they seem to be cheaper than most other booking companies (i.e. Booking.com) Hope this helps.
djprescott
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by djprescott »

Thanks for that info streamline.
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

We've spent the odd night at Sol but not recently and its been fine. It's right by the beach so I wouldnt use the pool as prefer the beach. Rooms were fine as was breakfast. Great location if something central is being sought.
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

As nobody else has, I'll link to the Tripadvisor page. Mixed reviews, as I'd expect.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... garve.html

I'm hoping to return to CVO in mid-October, but I'll be choosing a quieter place.