O Barco

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Günni
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

O Barco

Post by Günni »

What is going on there? Several weeks the webcam shows activity (hoarding) Do they extend sth.?

Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: O Barco

Post by Farol »

When I was out a couple of weeks ago I thought it looked as though they had merely put up shuttering to defend against the type of storm damage that they suffered before.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Farol wrote:When I was out a couple of weeks ago I thought it looked as though they had merely put up shuttering to defend against the type of storm damage that they suffered before.
Agree Farol. We were over end of January and seemed to be internal re-development going on inside. Didn't check out but seemed to be work going on the other side of the steps that lead up from O Barco to GNR Hill, wondered if that was where tradesmen sited their sawing etc equipment, noise was from there and not really inside O BArco.
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

Looks like they may be extending out the back , I had a look down from GNR hill and they have come through the back wall . Did this place have toilets inside ? Just wondering if that's what they were adding or extending .
Günni
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Günni »

thnx for the info so far :lol:
joeysoap
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by joeysoap »

Noticed when sitting in the square last year (in O Barco) that the musicians thanked the bars/restaurants on the right hand side of the square (I know, depends on which way you are facing ) opposite O Barco for their generosity and sponsorship but no mention of said O Barco. looked like they were piggybacking on Jan , Martins etc . Don't know but it sounded like that to me. In September they stopped serving 1 minute after the music stopped and were locked up in 10 mins. It still wasn't midnight :shock:, At least Jailhouse was still giving it a lash at that hour.