What is your favourite time of year in Carvoeiro and why?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Margarida
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

What is your favourite time of year in Carvoeiro and why?

Post by Margarida »

Thanks to everyone who joined in with our last monthly topic - great to see lots of people getting involved and sharing their thoughts!
This month I would like your opinions on:
"What is your favourite time of year in Carvoeiro and why?"
For me my favourite month has to be September - I have shoved my kids back to school and can finally head down to the beach without the crowds and to enjoy a dip in the slightly warmer waters before sitting back and sipping on something cool and bubbly! :D
Would love to hear from you all!
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: What is your favourite time of year in Carvoeiro and why

Post by tricky »

I like September too, but may is nice. It feels like Carvoeiro is waking up for the summer. People have got time to chat and are happy in anticipation of a good summer plus I like seeing the
Improvements that have been made over the winter
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

when we lived there the 1st of September was our favourite day, gozillions of people disappeared overnight it felt like we'd got 'our town' back, it was still plenty busy enough but not frenetic,
& we lived on VDM, during winter it felt like we were the only people within 2 miles, there were no lights on anywhere, it often felt quite lonely & creepy, so when people came down at Easter to start opening their villa's up for the year it had a really good feel about it to see folk around & hear people driving past again.
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by cereza »

September for me too but closely followed by June which is when I'm going this year :D
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

September is my favourite month, the town is not as busy yet still lively enough, weather is perfect.
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

I agree September is good but I also like the spring when all the orange and almond blossom is out and the roads towards Monchique are lined with wild flowers.
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

Early to mid July - just before the mad rush. It's nice and hot, the beer is ice cold and the town is busy. Best of all the grumpy old owners on the forum migrate back to the UK to cash in on their villas. :lol:
widge
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by widge »

Farol wrote:I agree September is good but I also like the spring when all the orange and almond blossom is out and the roads towards Monchique are lined with wild flowers.
That does it for me too Farol, fantastic!
DVBRO
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by DVBRO »

widge wrote:
Farol wrote:I agree September is good but I also like the spring when all the orange and almond blossom is out and the roads towards Monchique are lined with wild flowers.
That does it for me too Farol, fantastic!
Does it for me too.
I love the ten months when it it is fairly quiet from our visitors.
However I know that we need the income!
cumbria sue
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by cumbria sue »

I love October because the weather is usually still good and it is not as busy :D ,plenty of restaurants to choose from without having to book :D
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

I would take any month at all over a cold dark scottish winter . Was over a couple of weeks ago for a few days weather was lovely. Coming back out last week in April and ten days late September . May try and squeeze a cheeky 5 days in June as well :D
PAPADON
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by PAPADON »

Love most of the year especially the summer months where the music in the square brings the town alive and creates a lively holiday atmosphere.
However coming back out to Carvoeiro from Scotland any month of the year for some off season sunshine is just great.
We still laugh as we are sitting in Hemingways or Smilers in shorts and tea shirts in January and February watching people walking past in parkas and boots.
Carvoeiro winters are Scottish summers.
algarve123
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by algarve123 »

We really enjoy April.
We like it because the weather for most part is good, there is plenty of restaurants and bars open and there is a reasonable size crowd and a great atmosphere most nights.
We find this time of year nice for getting out and about for walks also as nature is starting to bloom. Having said this, if work permitted we would gladly spend any month of the year out in Carvoeiro. :D
We have our flights booked and are very much looking forward to arriving in Carvoeiro again this April.
logicbob
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by logicbob »

I like March, April, May, and September, and October. always had good weather in all of those months.
Mike Banks
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Mike Banks »

I'd go with March, April, May and October.
The weather's good but not too hot.
I'm not a sun worshipper so I avoid the hotter months.