clifftop boardwalk

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: clifftop boardwalk

Post by Bruce Wallis »

I think the new boardwalk is great.
Some of you are such luddites....its a positive improvement to Carvoeiro.
pointersister
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pointersister »

I agree Bruce, we had a walk along it today in the sunshine :D Lots of people enjoying it.
Bigben
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Bigben »

Bruce Wallis wrote:I think the new boardwalk is great.
Came back on Thursday from a wonderful stay in CVO - fab weather - a bit too hot if anything. Walked the boardwalk 5 or 6 times. Great views east and west.

We like it very much and see it as a great asset to the village.
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

We had three very pleasant walks along the the new boardwalk in September,and we too thought it to an excellent addition to CVO as will the out door Theatre if they find the money to build it.
Last edited by PTBUXTON on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

PTBUXTON wrote:We had three very pleasant walks along the the new boardwalk in September,and we too thought it to an excellent addition to CVO as will the out door Theater if they find the money to build it.
Talking about theatres Buxo we're going with my daughter and her husband to see the UK ukulele orchestra at your lovely little Buxton theatre in November, can't wait. :D
Lamby
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Lamby »

Hi Pato. Glad to see you are supporting the first, real and by far the best ukulele orchestra that is THE UKULELE ORCHESTRA OF GREAT BRITAIN. And most definitely not the lesser known group jumping on the band wagon that is The UK Ukulele Orchestra. I have seen the Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain three times, if you have not seen them before you are in for a real treat. There are great entertainment. Have a great evening and let me know what you think :P
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

You've seen them before haven't you Pato?
pete-flint
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by pete-flint »

Lamby wrote:Hi Pato. Glad to see you are supporting the first, real and by far the best ukulele orchestra that is THE UKULELE ORCHESTRA OF GREAT BRITAIN. And most definitely not the lesser known group jumping on the band wagon that is The UK Ukulele Orchestra. I have seen the Ukulele Orchestra Of Great Britain three times, if you have not seen them before you are in for a real treat. There are great entertainment. Have a great evening and let me know what you think :P
The Orchestra of Great Briton lost a law case against the german bunch, shame really, a bunch of germans running under a name like UK Ukulele Orchestra, but the ORIGINALS are the best, very entertaining.
Raithstar
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Raithstar »

Bruce Wallis wrote:I think the new boardwalk is great.
Arrived yesterday and walked along boardwalk for first time this morning , I know it may only be a wooden walkway but it really is a wonderful addition to a wonderful village . Anything that improves the area has to be good , seen the plans for the theatre area and also looks as if it will be nice . Transforms that area for the better . Solar deck lights on the walkway would finish it off perfectly in my opinion .
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

laserblazer wrote:You've seen them before haven't you Pato?
Yep! was it Lichfied Cathedral last year thought they were wonderful. :D
American Pie
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by American Pie »

The boardwalk is great however, it needs suitable lighting for safety reasons. Anyone walking over it in the dark could easily fall and get a serious injury "or worse". Perhaps access to it should be restricted to daylight hours until suitable lighting can be installed.

Maybe this issue needs a new thread and it's own topic.
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

American Pie wrote:The boardwalk is great however, it needs suitable lighting for safety reasons. Anyone walking over it in the dark could easily fall and get a serious injury "or worse". Perhaps access to it should be restricted to daylight hours until suitable lighting can be installed.

Maybe this issue needs a new thread and it's own topic.
Are you suggesting that we need a separate "Does the boardwalk need lighting thread"? That's daft. A separate "How great are the UK Orchestra of GB" maybe.

As for the boardwalk, maybe in addition to lighting, it should be clad in plastic to prevent splinters.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

One of the pleasures in living out here is that we are not surrounded and inundated with UK style Health and safety regulations....and long may that level of commonsense prevail!!!
Farol
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Farol »

American Pie wrote:The boardwalk is great however, it needs suitable lighting for safety reasons. Anyone walking over it in the dark could easily fall and get a serious injury "or worse". Perhaps access to it should be restricted to daylight hours until suitable lighting can be installed.
The cliff tops have never needed lighting so why should the boardwalk? If you are incapable of walking along a boardwalk the solution is simple: don't do it!

:roll: