Golf - Espiche Golf Course

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
scoge
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Golf - Espiche Golf Course

Post by scoge »

Has anyone played the new course at Espiche Golf near Lagos? If so is it worth a go?

Must have opened recently as I wasn't aware of it last time I came.

Bringing the clubs this year with my golfing son so we are looking to play 3 courses - Any recommendations/deals about?

Over the years I have played most of them this side of Vilamoura apart from Silves and Alamos which look a bit boring - anyone played those?
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Golf - Espiche Golf Course

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

Hi Scoge,

Not played Espiche, but have been told it’s a bit wild and you should be prepared to lose quite a few balls (probably negates the cheap green fee). Silves and Alamos I have played and while they are nothing special, I would probably prefer Silves out of the two. Contact Richard Ballington at Algarve Golf UK for preferred tee times and rates, he will help you out. http://www.algarve-golf.co.uk/
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Espische is certailny a bit wild and not as manicured as many Algarve courses. When looking for our balls we usually find more than we have lost.

We much prefer Alamos to Silves ( no smelly cork factory and a better layout ).

We have never found any of the agents offering a better price than we can get calling the courses and haggling.

EG we paid 30 euros at Morgado 3 weeks ago ( Espiche has gone up to 40euros ). Buggies extra.

looking forward to twilight rounds on the Pestana courses, good value and we know it can be slow.
jeremy
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by jeremy »

Scoge - I posted below last year FYI - We've been again twice since & still enjoy it - Take plenty of balls though !

Just come back from 3 weeks in CVO - Fantastic weather every day.

We decided to try the new Espiche Golf course just beyond Lagos, near the Zoo.

Very friendly reception from John & Pauline & a thoroughly enjoyable course at a reasonable price. A long way from the main Lagos - Sagres road, but well signposted. Set in beautiful countryside - Buggy essential !

No clubhouse yet but you can buy drinks etc at Reception

Well worth a try !

http://www.espiche-golf.com/
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

We must be masochists, we walk it pushing trollies. the wheel of my ancient one fell off on the last trip, John appeared with one of their to use FOC.
Quickest route from CVO stay on the 125 through Lagos , at the Espiche lights turn right through the village and then follow the signs.
There are a couple of small bar,cafes in Espiche.
scoge
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by scoge »

Hi Sam, Emmand Jeremy'

Thanks for all your information.

There is a summer special at the Faldo at 79 Euros not cheap I know but a great course which I have want to play again with at least bit of local knowledge over my competitive son!

We shall then maybe do a twilight somewhere and then another to be decided.

I do get the feeling that the Algarve is suffering from places like Turkey and Tunisia etc who are very competitive price wise.
There are new courses seemingly every year but surely they cannot all be money making.

Maybe time to trim the green fees?