List of Vets in the area - please help

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
SharonODubai
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

List of Vets in the area - please help

Post by SharonODubai »

Hi again,

I still have with me the little black dog I rescued off the street three days ago, I have noticed he has a small recent operation scar on his belly so he must have been seen by a vet within the last month.

I have contacted the vet in the high street in CVO and the two in Lagoa but I am trying to find a list of vets (preferably with phone numbers and/or email addresses) but cant find anything helpful.

Could I ask anyone who has the contact details for other vets in the area to pass them on to me and I will get on with finding this little man his home.

Many thanks
DVBRO
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: List of Vets in the area - please help

Post by DVBRO »

You could try the Vet in Espiche, 282781827.
There are a couple of Vets in Lagoa and another in Lagos, but unfortunately I don't have their numbers.
I am sure other Vets would be able to supply their numbers.
Has the Dog a Microchip?
Good luck on finding the owner.
SharonODubai
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by SharonODubai »

Ah thanks thats one more for my list and no the dog has no microchip, sadly ...
Colana
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Colana »

There is a vet on Barranco, near the top. The vet's name is Katya and the practice is Villapets.
James Faro
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by James Faro »

Good luck Sharon. It is really kind of you to look after that poor little dog. It was not for you taking him in while finding his owners he may have been killed or very badly malnourished.

So nice to read good deed stories on this forum.
SharonODubai
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by SharonODubai »

Thanks, I just tried to upload a photo but its too big ;-( I have tried all the local vets now apart from the Ferragudo one - I cant find a phone number but am over that way next week so will pop in...

Really hope to find his home but I am starting to get the feeling that no one is looking very hard for him ... :(
SharonODubai
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by SharonODubai »

Just tried APAA and ADAP too!!!
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

There used to be a little dog tied up outside the Casa do Pau ( the restaurant that you could enter from both in road and out road)
It was a little black wiry dog with a bit of white on it. Also there is a vet near the fish restaurants in Ferragudo, might be worth asking there.
We have just lost our cat in the UK and have been trying very hard all week to find her, hope someone like you has found her Sharon.
James Faro
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by James Faro »

tricky wrote:There used to be a little dog tied up outside the Casa do Pau ( the restaurant that you could enter from both in road and out road)
It was a little black wiry dog with a bit of white on it. Also there is a vet near the fish restaurants in Ferragudo, might be worth asking there.
We have just lost our cat in the UK and have been trying very hard all week to find her, hope someone like you has found her Sharon.
Tricky, have you got your cat chipped? I took my cat to the vet last week for a check-up before going away, and I was told I should really allow this.I did and now reading the above I am so glad. I am very sure your cat will come back a most cats do gallivant and come back! Mine does now and then!

I do hope the owners of that little black dog find Sharon and show gratutitude for housing, feeding and looking after him.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I've taken the precaution of having my fish chipped! :roll:
James Faro
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by James Faro »

SharonODubai
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by SharonODubai »

Ah thanks James
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by blue »

At our UK home our cat was always getting shut in our neighbours garage, & they would often go away for days, hopefully your cat has just been shut in somewhere & will return soon.

Cute dog, have you tried Dr Kirsten Peter's veterinary practice, used to be in Guia but they are now in Alcantarilha, very popular clinic.
SOS algarve animals is also very well know & often contacted by people who have lost their animals. Their website is - http://sosalgarveanimals.com/
tricky
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by tricky »

Our cat, Lottie was a stray that had been very badly treated, very timid but in the six months we have had her, she has really come out of her shell.
She is very affectionate and doesn't like to go outside. This makes it so strange that she would wander We've checked all houses, vets, sancuaries etc but to no avail.
Its a week today since she went, Has anyone had a cat go missing and then turn up, for this amount of time?
James Faro
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by James Faro »

tricky wrote:Our cat, Lottie was a stray that had been very badly treated, very timid but in the six months we have had her, she has really come out of her shell.
She is very affectionate and doesn't like to go outside. This makes it so strange that she would wander We've checked all houses, vets, sancuaries etc but to no avail.
Its a week today since she went, Has anyone had a cat go missing and then turn up, for this amount of time?
My friend lives in Palmers Green part of London and her cat went for 14 days astray. She was very distraught but the cat came back bold as brass as though nothing has happened!

Obviously you are very worried(naturally) but the chances are that she will very likely come back. They do have fiercely independent temperaments and insist in gallivanting when they feel like it.

It is very likely that someone is taking care of your cat and she is enjoying new affection BUT she will miss you and will surely return.