Where are the trees?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Crapsinger
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Where are the trees?

Post by Crapsinger »

I have only just noticed that the olive trees (in the tubs) have gone from the square. Were they only on loan or rented ? When they upgraded the square I had hoped for a few palm trees but when the olive trees went in I thought they looked ok and in a few years would look great but now - No trees!!!

Anyone know whats has happened to them?

:cry:
floyd
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Where are the trees?

Post by floyd »

Go to October 21 at 10.48. Can anybody identify the lorry!!!
Crapsinger
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Crapsinger »

Thanks Floyd but still no wiser. Which posting do I need to see to find out what happened to the trees?
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Crapsinger wrote:Thanks Floyd but still no wiser. Which posting do I need to see to find out what happened to the trees?
Presumably he means the webcam page old chap. :roll:
fmm
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by fmm »

I saw them being taken away, but no one seemed to know why - I did ask, but as my portuguese comprises "thank you, good day, where is the bathroom" (and no, I am not proud of that) I was unable to make myself understood!
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Expect it was to save them from the winter weather, remember the orange trees all died last winter. Even on Sunday when it was hot, the sea was very rough and the square had a sea haze above it. More strong winds and high seas forecast for the next few days.
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

Expect it was to save them from the winter weather, remember the orange trees all died last winter. Even on Sunday when it was hot, the sea was very rough and the square had a sea haze above it. More strong winds and high seas forecast for the next few days.
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Removal for winter seems plausible. Last week the beach did try and re-locate to the square. Probably salt water not good for the palms etc. Heading into CVO today for lunch/afternoon coffee/early evening cocktails.......will try and remember to ask around! :D
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I hear it's something to do with the stray dog situation. :roll:
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Stray dogs? Sorry, no info on that unless I asked the wrong question. Seems weather season shut down is reason for removal. But then again,info my be wrong.
Crapsinger
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by Crapsinger »

Thanks everyonr for the repies, Just glad to know they have been removed for winter storage and not been nicked,

Hope thjey get looked after ok :)