How far from Rocha Brava?

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Putney Sue
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

How far from Rocha Brava?

Post by Putney Sue »

Being a Carvoeiro newbie, could anyone tell me how long it would take to walk from Rocha Brava into the centre of Carvoeiro? We are reasonably fit 50 somethings!
Rayeileen
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: How far from Rocha Brava?

Post by Rayeileen »

It would take about 30mins we quite often walk into the village and then take a taxi home. If it's hot we drive in and leave the car,then take a taxi home,my husband walks into town the next day to collect the car while I have a lazy morning.
superbocker
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by superbocker »

Or take the 'Noddy Train' from the RB reception . . . Every half hour I think.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

What is really lovely, is to take the walk along the clifftops from Rocha Brava to Carvoeiro.

Walk from Rocha Brava the relatively short distance to Centiannes Bay. Then instead of taking the road, walk up the cliff path, and follow a delightful, and not TOO arduous walk to the main square of Carvoeiro.

Its actually lovely to stop off and rest on the seats above Algar Seco, or walk down to the bar for a very welcome drink.
Gambrinus

Post by Gambrinus »

superbocker wrote:Or take the 'Noddy Train' from the RB reception . . . Every half hour I think.
The train runs a round trip with no stops nowadays. The local cabbies were none too pleased when it had stops set up along the route, so they petitioned to shut it down.

There is a regular bus service during the daytime Bus Schedule - the bus returns from Praia do Carvalho within 5min to return to Lagoa via Carvoeiro