Whats the visitor numbers like in Carvoeiro

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
dakar
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Whats the visitor numbers like in Carvoeiro

Post by dakar »

Folks,

We are out for our twice annual visit in a weeks time.

Can readers give us a flavour of the tourist numbers and if there are any positive signs of them
increasing. Get the impression that the season has yet to "kick into swing". Hope it will soon.
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Whats the visitor numbers like in Carvoeiro

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

well having been here for just under a week, it´s just ticking over but we have known it a lot busier than this around this time of year. Temperature is lovely, bars not too crowded. entertainment in the square started up so that keeps people drinking in the bars, which is good for business. Talking with some of the bar and resturant owners they are holding thier own as we say, which is always good to hear :D
Gaynor.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Gary/Gaynor wrote:well having been here for just under a week, it´s just ticking over but we have known it a lot busier than this around this time of year. Temperature is lovely, bars not too crowded. entertainment in the square started up so that keeps people drinking in the bars, which is good for business. Talking with some of the bar and resturant owners they are holding thier own as we say, which is always good to hear :D
Gaynor.
We've just got back from a fortnight in Turkey and I would say the same as Gaynor . . . without the spelling mistakes. :P

I reckon May is too soon to make a judgment. June will be a better guide.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Gary/Gaynor wrote:well having been here for just under a week, it´s just ticking over but we have known it a lot busier than this around this time of year. Temperature is lovely, bars not too crowded. entertainment in the square started up so that keeps people drinking in the bars, which is good for business. Talking with some of the bar and resturant owners they are holding thier own as we say, which is always good to hear :D
Gaynor.
We've just got back from a fortnight in Turkey and I would say the same as Gaynor . . . without the spelling mistakes. :P

I reckon May is too soon to make a judgment. June will be a better guide.
cereza
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by cereza »

Michael Crane wrote:
Gaynor.
And without the repetition. :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(What spelling mistakes by the way?)
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

cereza wrote:
Michael Crane wrote:
Gaynor.
And without the repetition. :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(What spelling mistakes by the way?)
8)
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

U know wat they say i b4 e except after MC :wink: :wink:

Gary
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

Arrived 1st June and found our regular haunts quieter than normal................but then again here on our own and not with our squad! Downturn overall and exchange rate? Won't stop Alibali and I having fun. So happy that this "working from home" extends to Algarve!!
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Gary/Gaynor wrote:U know wat they say i b4 e except after MC :wink: :wink:

Gary
:D
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

Michael Crane wrote:
Gary/Gaynor wrote:U know wat they say i b4 e except after MC :wink: :wink:

Gary
:D
Keeping off topic:-
On QI Stephen Fry tries to explain why the spelling rule 'I before E except after C' doesn't really work.
see http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p00cs ... t_after_c/
:o :) :lol:
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

ohhh fer godds sake git overf yuselves :roll:
bin a but clowdy yisterdey but ok sofar thus mirning, looks like son is back :D
gaynor
smudger
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by smudger »

As that popular combo band from Liverpool once said, "Here Comes the Sun".