AQUA is GO!!!!!!!!!

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

AQUA is GO!!!!!!!!!

Post by Bruce Wallis »

The new AQUA Shopping centre on the N125 side of Portimao opened today.

Algarve Shopping at Guia has a real rival....and it's bigger. (But no cinema as far as I could see)

The flagship stores are Primark, which unlike the ones we are used to in Kingston and Croydon, is all on one floor, and at least today didnt have that mad typhoon of bargain hunting lady shoppers, look about it. Remarkably orderly.
As has been mentioned elsewhere, this morning at least, people were sight seeing more than shopping.

The fashion flagship is also a good old UK favourite, H&Ms. I thought it looked less tacky than the UK H&Ms I've seen....but what would I know....I'm only a man! :roll:

As far as we could see, more or less all the Algarve shopping favourites are there, except, sadly, my favourite, Cortefiel.

The food anchor store is a huge JUMBO, (AUCHAN). We did a smallish food shop, and quite honestly it didn't seem that cheap...more Intermarche than Pingo Doce.

How to get there??

Come off the N125 heading into Portimao.
Pass the hospital, and carry on about another km util you go down the slope towards the tunnel.
As you approach the tunnel, there is a slip road going up the hill to the right.
Go up the hill to the roundabout, take the 1st exit, (turn right), and AQUA is in front of you.
Drive along the front of the building to the next roundabout.
Go round the roundabout and take the turning off which goes down the side of AQUA (2nd exit I think)
This takes you around the back of the complex, where there is another roundabout , the 2nd exit is into a massive 2 story carpark.
There is stacks of free parking.
mac
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Re: AQUA is GO!!!!!!!!!

Post by mac »

Does it have a Massimo Dutti? That's my favourite shop at Algarve Shopping, and Ana Sousa and Carol. Are they there too? I really wouldn't be interested in Primark or H & M. :shock:
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

Bruce, can you pin-point on Google maps for me?
scottishstacey
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by scottishstacey »

Woohooo cant wait to go some shopping!! 8) my bf is dreading having to take me there lol he can go and play some golf or something for the day!! :lol:
PTBUXTON
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by PTBUXTON »

whoopee I can't wait!
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

why is it ladies just love to spend at a new shopping centre - probably dont need anything new - oops sorry they must have something 2 yrs old which has to be thrown away AND there are probably BARGAINS :? :?
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Just across the road is another smaller centre which has among its stores a C&A which is certainly good value and of course you will not find them in the UK.
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

Don't like shopping when I'm on holiday and definitely not C & A :roll:
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

There is a difference between being on holiday ( I agree with you ) and be full or part time resident.

Aqua ( Primark, C&A . H&M etc ) is not aimed at holiday makers if it were it would not be in Portimao.
ditzy
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by ditzy »

Also an Aldo and a Blanco, but no Zara...

Agree with EMM, I almost had a cardiac at the thought of Primark and H&M finally arriving in the Algarve! Will have to make some other excuse for day trips to Lisbon :roll:
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

EMM wrote:There is a difference between being on holiday ( I agree with you ) and be full or part time resident.

Aqua ( Primark, C&A . H&M etc ) is not aimed at holiday makers if it were it would not be in Portimao.
EMM I know plenty of people that love going shopping on holiday.
:wink:
HampshireRich
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by HampshireRich »

My apathy for this knows no bounds - honestly - British shops in the Algarve - like eating Fish and Chips from newspaper or having a McDonalds :evil:
bruce
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by bruce »

HampshireRich wrote:My apathy for this knows no bounds - honestly - British shops in the Algarve - like eating Fish and Chips from newspaper or having a McDonalds :evil:
But Rich you wont get any British tourists in these shops :wink:
sunman
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sunman »

the better half lost her Aqua virginity this morning, returning with 4 vest style tops for €8 total from Primark and some Japanese soups, sauces & the like from Jumbo;
her initial impression is that the retail centre is very good, but getting to the car park might be a problem when it's busy, there are 4 roundabouts to traverse once you've passed the Hospital one just off the 125
Jaylay
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Jaylay »

bruce wrote:
HampshireRich wrote:My apathy for this knows no bounds - honestly - British shops in the Algarve - like eating Fish and Chips from newspaper or having a McDonalds :evil:
Do not think any of these shops are British,
Primark - Irish, H&M- Scandinavian, McDonalds- American :o

As long as the prices are Portuguese I will be happy, :D usually the stores here sell products cheaper than those in the Uk for the same item, eg Zara, Mango