Hemingways

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
pete-flint
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Hemingways

Post by pete-flint »

Do any of the board contributors still hang out in the bar ?
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Hemingways

Post by EMM »

Not if we can help it :evil:
pete-flint
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by pete-flint »

Times have changed !

IS there a decent bar in town ? I'm not an alcoholic but I enjoy a drink in good company and somewhere to have a laugh without upsetting the "regulars".
bugsey
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by bugsey »

Forget EMM, Hemingways is still a great place to go. Management has changed but Sharron and David are just as great. So are the customers
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

I will be honest we do not like Hemmingways because it is so popular with expats , the applies to Phoenix Nights in Monte Carvoeiro.
Aitch
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Aitch »

Don't forget EMM, it's the expats that keep these bars going for 9 months of the year when you tourists aren't here.

to be honest Dave and Sharon run a great bar, and deserve all the custom they can get, and most of the expats are quite tame and friendly.
nod
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by nod »

HW's is a nice spot to sit outside with a cold beer especially since the road upgrades have finished and one of the better spots in the quiet months
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

Well I like it... good prices, good snacky food, and never throw a few extras on the bill ! (unlike some bars I could mention..well one actually)
tjthedj
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by tjthedj »

Aitch is right, Don't knock the ex-pats, without them places like Hemmingways wouldn't exist anymore. We've just returned from another long weekend in CVO and Hemmies is still the friendliest place there. We were concerned when Murray and Hazel left to return to ol' Blighty but Sharon and Dave have done a brilliant job of making the place theirs, and they don't rip you off. If you've not been there recently, try it again.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

When we are in Portugal we are not looking for " Little England " and as you say its a matter of choice.
CM
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by CM »

I am not looking for "little England" either... a beer and a glance at the Ned Kelly when the football is on, Imprevesto (next door) would be more your scene? apart from the sport being on as well!!!! I have the perfect bar for you in that case, its near the football pitches near Poco Partido...give it a go
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

It is the pre occupation with the " telly " that put us off ( plus its collection of obvious moaning expats ).
We took visitors from Sweden there for a drink , it was clear that normal conversation when the footy is one is regarded as an intrusion by its regulars .
pete-flint
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by pete-flint »

:shock: :oops: I don't think I'll take up dentistry, but I get the drift. Thanks folks.
pickwick
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pickwick »

Hi

A challenge for the fans of this bar!

List the 5 best USPs

Pickwick
pete-flint
CVO Legend
CVO Legend