Car rental Faro airport

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY

Moderators: Gambrinus, e-richard, kteee

chevaux
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Car rental Faro airport

Post by chevaux »

Hello
Do someone know a really cheap car rental at Faro airport? We are 5 persons (and 5 luggages) and it seems to me that the prices are much more higher than last year.
So if you have an addres... :)
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Re: Car rental Faro airport

Post by laserblazer »

There are any number of threads on this subject which list recommended carhire companies. "Really cheap" is not always the best option. Also, I suspect that many of the companies will be limiting the number of vehicles they have available, so it is probably a good idea to book early, especially in high season.
EMM
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by EMM »

Our friends who stayed with us last summer saved over 200euros on their car rental by flying to Lisbon and then driving down to the Algarve.
The flight was also cheaper , the down side was the additional 2 hours each way journey time and the tolls.
But still a significant saving.
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

If price is the main consideration - and it usually is - go through an agency like Economy car hire - they also normally include FULL insurance in their prices.
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by sam »

maccasa wrote:If price is the main consideration - and it usually is - go through an agency like Economy car hire - they also normally include FULL insurance in their prices.
I used Economy car hire this time due to price. The old adage of you get what you pay for springs to mind. As usual you had to sign the contract before getting the car. For the price it was satisfactory condition, any more and I would have classed it poor. More concerning was that the petrol tank was listed as quarter full, but was not - it was just above the red zone and the petrol warning light came on a few Kms down the road. I estimate that I was defrauded of about 10 euros of petrol. I have reported this to Economy car hire, and that I will not be using them again. I have been renting cars in the Algarve for 15 years and never had this happen before, may be I've just been lucky. Also they do not include FULL insurance, if you want this you have to buy their top up policy.
snaj1
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by snaj1 »

We've used Algarve Driver and Portugal auto Rentals.
Algarve Driver was cheaper but the vehicle was older than the latter.
The service from both was excellent and I am hoping to use either one again this year!!
superbocker
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by superbocker »

sam wrote:
maccasa wrote:If price is the main consideration - and it usually is - go through an agency like Economy car hire - they also normally include FULL insurance in their prices.
I used Economy car hire this time due to price. The old adage of you get what you pay for springs to mind. As usual you had to sign the contract before getting the car. For the price it was satisfactory condition, any more and I would have classed it poor. More concerning was that the petrol tank was listed as quarter full, but was not - it was just above the red zone and the petrol warning light came on a few Kms down the road. I estimate that I was defrauded of about 10 euros of petrol. I have reported this to Economy car hire, and that I will not be using them again. I have been renting cars in the Algarve for 15 years and never had this happen before, may be I've just been lucky. Also they do not include FULL insurance, if you want th
is you have to buy their top up policy.
Sam,

Economy car hire are the 'Brokers' for a number of car hire firms. I'm not sure which you used through them but i've used Drive 4 Fun through them 20+ times and always been pretty impressed and never had a car older than 1 year.
As for the fuel i just leave it as i find it and never get any comebacks.

Regards.
Polli62
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Polli62 »

superbocker wrote:
sam wrote:
I used Economy car hire this time due to price. The old adage of you get what you pay for springs to mind. As usual you had to sign the contract before getting the car. For the price it was satisfactory condition, any more and I would have classed it poor. More concerning was that the petrol tank was listed as quarter full, but was not - it was just above the red zone and the petrol warning light came on a few Kms down the road. I estimate that I was defrauded of about 10 euros of petrol. I have reported this to Economy car hire, and that I will not be using them again. I have been renting cars in the Algarve for 15 years and never had this happen before, may be I've just been lucky. Also they do not include FULL insurance, if you want th
is you have to buy their top up policy.
Sam,

Economy car hire are the 'Brokers' for a number of car hire firms. I'm not sure which you used through them but i've used Drive 4 Fun through them 20+ times and always been pretty impressed and never had a car older than 1 year.
As for the fuel i just leave it as i find it and never get any comebacks
Regarding They do not include full insurance. The insurance economycarhire include in their prices is the no excess on policy. The other insurance not covered is for locks, windows, damage to underside of car, loss of keys etc is not included ( and is the same with any other car hire company) & top up insurance is optional if required.