Taxi

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
davecwill
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Taxi

Post by davecwill »

My grandaughter and her friend are going to RB for the first time.

Can anybody suggest a taxi company that can meet them at the airport

and drop them of 2 weeks later. I do not want 2 rather untravelled girls being ripped of

Thanks
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Re: Taxi

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Dave

There is a company called EasyGo in CVO have found them to be reliable and it costs around 45 bucks. phone number +351 282 089 375 . Trusted them enough to pick me Mum up and the outlaws :D :D :D

Gary
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Of course there is AlgarveDriver who help sponsor this site. Very competitive rates and I have used them for our guests on many occasions always with great reviews.
Last edited by e-richard on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AVO
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by AVO »

We use BravoTur - very reliable - haven't let us down in 15 years!
www.bravotur.com
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

Val de Milho Golf do transfers 50 euros each way, seem fine when I've used them, speak to Andrew. Dont get a taxi 75 euros last time I did it, a rip off :)
Matryx
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Matryx »

I am happy to recommend a private taxi guy called Jose Piscaretta, he's been really good to us and such a nice and trustworthy chap. If interested, I will send his phone number?
wolfie
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by wolfie »

I can also recommend Bravo Tur- used them lots over the years and always reliable . One of the owners ,Stuart ,is English and lives in the village
Caron
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Caron »

Rocha Brava will organise it for you - 50 Euro each way. They've done it for my son and daughter and always been reliable.
Simnat
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Simnat »

Hello Gary and Gaynor.
Using Easy Go now. What did Terreno Tours do wrong.
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Terreno tours is very good actually and they did nothng wrong but EasyGo is just around the conrer from our apartment and sometimes it's just as easy to pop into the office to book taxis for family coming over or leaving, we pay upfront they give us a receipt. My mum likes both Terreno and EasyGo both having very friendly staff and drivers. EasyGo is €45 during the day but after 9pm or before 6am it's £56 I think? Anyway have a great holiday 6 weeks and counting for us.
Gaynor and Gary :D
Simnat
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Simnat »

Terreno Tours are also based in Carvoeiro and im sure a phone call is just as close. €45 is a good price but ask yourself if they can make money on that then something is not right. Taxis a lot more and they are also struggeling to make a living.
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Simnat wrote:Terreno Tours are also based in Carvoeiro and im sure a phone call is just as close. €45 is a good price but ask yourself if they can make money on that then something is not right. Taxis a lot more and they are also struggeling to make a living.
I'm sorry but I don't get your point at all on this, its a right of any consumer to chose who they do business with. it's nothing personal Terreno are really good. My mother prefers to use them, she knows the drivers now as it's easy for her to pop down into the office when we are not with her, she's 80. They charge what they charge so obviously make a good business out of it so I would not be questioning the why's and wherefore's of their pricing policy here. I don';t tend to use Taxis as we hire a car.
Gaynor
James Faro
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by James Faro »

When I get out to live in CVO I would be willing to give anybody a lift here and there, even to the airport. I wouldn't even charge. I do the same for friends and family here in London. Just as well as charging leaves a huge complicated civil and criminal legal area should an accident happen etc.

The only thing that worries me is that I don't want to deprive a driver of his fare or livelihood as he probably needs the fare etc and that takes first priority. So, it would have to be friends and family only or in an emergency when someone can't get to their destination and no cabs are available at all!

Sometimes a good intention can have a negative impact! :?
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

...anyway after all that hope that davecwill manages to get a taxi :roll:
gaynor
maccasa
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by maccasa »

Try resorthoppa.com - they will pick you up at Faro airport and drop off at RB for ~ €10pp each way - used them a lot - very reliable and no rip off!