Ryanair cheapies

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Ryanair cheapies

Post by destroyer »

There are cheap return flights available for December and January including some Saturdays. If you just want to pop over for a few days and can make do with a cabin bag, check in online and pay with a Visa Electron card , you can actually do it for £2 return including all taxes.
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I constantly hear of these "offers" but never seem to find them when I'm booking, what am I doing wrong?
e-richard

Re: Ryanair cheapies

Post by e-richard »

destroyer wrote:There are cheap return flights available for December and January ..
From where ?
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Well, don't mention it. As a matter of interest, mine are from EMA. Where do you want to go from? You might try looking at the Ryanair site. I'll keep it to myself next time.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

destroyer wrote:Well, don't mention it. As a matter of interest, mine are from EMA. Where do you want to go from? You might try looking at the Ryanair site. I'll keep it to myself next time.
Destroyer, I live nearby (Lincoln). Next time you learn of cheap flights from EMA I would be very interested. Please PM or email me.
charliegill11
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by charliegill11 »

I managed to get flights next week for £5 each way including taxes - the greatest cost was the credit card charge. These flights were from East Midlands as well. The timing of the flight is not as good as the Easy Jet one as it goes out late afternoon but it does prove that you can get a bargain. The cost of the car hire for the five days came to £37 so it will cost me just over £50 - not bad.
destroyer
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by destroyer »

Apologies for slight hissy fit there. I signed up for Ryanair's e.mail alert service (and for BMI Baby's and Eayjet's), and the £1 each way was advised by e.mail. I've also taken out a Halifax Visa Electron debit card. You can do the application online. Electron is the only card Ryanair don't charge you to use - normal charge is £4 each person each way. I think you can also use it on either BMI Baby or Easyjet without charge where it usually costs to use a debit card. You can top up Electron online or, instantly, by paying cash in at any Halifax branch.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Thanks for info. I really didn't mean to sound so trite. :oops:

This is really interesting info, please continue posting, but obviously the more info you can give the more helpful it will be.

p.s. I fly from LGW, and (as yet) Ryanair doesn't cover this airport, but I'm always on the lookout.
charliegill11
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by charliegill11 »

Ryan Air do fly out of Stanstead but I appreciate it is quite a distance from Gatwick.

I regularly get e mails from Ryan Air and Easy Jet which does not cost me anything informing of their latest offers.
alibali
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

ryanair cheapies

Post by alibali »

I got £1.00 each way , no charges etc from Glasgow (Prestwick) 14th-21st January.
Bruce Wallis
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Bruce Wallis »

e-richard wrote:Thanks for info. I really didn't mean to sound so trite. :oops:

This is really interesting info, please continue posting, but obviously the more info you can give the more helpful it will be.

p.s. I fly from LGW, and (as yet) Ryanair doesn't cover this airport, but I'm always on the lookout.
We will never get a RyanAir service out of LGW Richard. They do Dublin, but they wont pay Gatwick landing charges or pay the price of Gatwick "slots"for other destinations like Faro.

I think we are well served from Gatwick by Easyjet ( up to 3 flights a day in winter, and 6 in the summer) and Monarch. Flights from there by Easyjet are cheaper than alot of other airports. A friend of ours finds it cheaper to drive from Somerset, and pay Gatwick parking charges, than pay Easyjet prices from Bristol.
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

We used RyanAir up here from Humberside to Dublin..was okay going out but coming back we hit the ground very hard and swerved..we all held our breath!!!
Scary moment :shock:

Someone shouted out "I think he needs a few more lessons!" :lol:
Jayney
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Jayney »

We found them £1.00 each way - roll on 13th January!!