BLIP

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
carvoeiro1
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

BLIP

Post by carvoeiro1 »

Very dissapointing this year I thought??
floyd
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by floyd »

What was disappointing this year? British summer? England cricket team? Your love life? the footsie 100?

Also why was it disappointing?
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by blue »

I agree BLIP was very disappointing, unless of course you were desperate to buy a jacuzzi hot tub. :D
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

It was very disappointing. A lot of businesses dropped out and there was not nearly as many stands as last year. I didn't think anywhere near as many people went but the Resident still insist there were nearly 8000 visitors :roll:
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

BLIP

Post by biffa »

Wonder who counted!? And if the counters had a vested interest?
martin
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by martin »

yes its always puzzled me since it free entrance at BLIP and you dont go thru a turnstile..how do they know it was 8000 or so....its a bit like that other great "chesnut" about the famous golf hole in val do lobo...which they say is the most photographed hole in the world...but of course they would say that wouldnt they

this year at blip there were no stands upstairs and no tents I could see outside..lots of stands as has been said of hottubs and quite a few banks which looked a bit forlorn..wonder why :( :( Some stands I know have stopped attending as the price of stands has been jacked up year after year so there is no opportunity for the butcher the baker and the candlestickmaker

heard from stand holders at the FATACIL country fair that there were less punters visiting for the sept show
greenpooble
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

blip & international fair

Post by greenpooble »

I can never understand how the organisers of each event claim an overwhelming success every year and yet neither the public or the stall holders seem very impressed at all with either event!!
biffa
CVO Master
CVO Master

BLIP

Post by biffa »

It is called marketing :D
blue
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by blue »

Well they don't do it very well. :roll:
Thunderbolt
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by Thunderbolt »

BLIP used to be a great event yet over the years it seems that big businesses such as the sellers of furniture, jacuzzi tubs, pools, etc... have taken over the the prices of the stands have been put up leaving the smaller business no chance but to pull out.

BLIP used to be fun. Wandering around the fair, sampling local food, discovering small shops, etc...

Now I wouldn't waste my time there as it seems to be me that it's more for people wanting to build or improve their house rather than discovering all there is to do for Better Living in Portugal.

My opinion only so please don't shoot me! :lol: