Rowdy nights in Carvoeiro

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
bradybunch
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by bradybunch »

Just returned from 11 days in our beloved Carvoeiro, what is happening there? Every single night we where awoken to loud drunken lowts turning out of bars at 3 / 4am shouting, swearing and generally having no regard for people sleeping. OK midnight or 1 am but when you have total disregard for other people at that time in the morning it looks like Carvoeiro is going the same way as Albufeira. Looks like we'll selling up and finding somewhere else. It's such a shame that the bars serve people untill they are totally legless.
Helen
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Helen »

My husband's a taxi driver and when he works day and night he usually comes home around 5 in the morning. He's now saying that he isn't going to hang around much after 2 because he's fed up of all the fighting going on.
roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes »

Where is all this shouting,swearing and drunken louts ?

In our 8 years here we have had one case of this - the neighbours phoned the GNR who came out, gave a warning and no problem since.

If there is a problem the portuguese authorities will take action -either against individuals or the bars from which they emanate - but it is up to you to notify them.

Don't complain on the forum and give the wrong impression of our village -complain to the police and let them take action, they will have no compunction about closing a bar which is letting a drunken minority cause problems for the majority.
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

I agree, if something is kicking off the GNR will come out and sort it out. You just need to ring them. Is the local number for the GNR on here? Presumably its in the FAQs?
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Think it's a legit. observation here about OUR village.
We own an apartment in the centre of CVO and have done so for the past 4 years . Although we fully undrstood that buying in the centre there would be the regular holiday noises and enjoy the fact that people can mill around till the early hours, we have noticed the noise level well after the wee small hours start to increase till around 3am sometimes till 4am. There's some bloody women out there that constantly screams, bet it's the same one every time, jeeez is he that good :wink:
I just have to shut all windows, but have sort of accepted the fact and tolerate it. Gary just turns over and goes back to sleep, for us light sleepers, not so easy. :( Still enjoy going though and fly out tomorrow.
Gaynor :D
john
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by john »

We returned from Carvoeiro on Sunday night - and we noticed that there were alot more late teenage/ or 20+ walking aroound the town. As we stay in Rocha Brava we always make our way back there well before midnight and have a couple of drinks at the Tropical Bar. On one occasion we were waiting in the taxi queue around 9.30 and there was this young teenager sprawled over one of the seats - hardly able to stand up let alone speak.

Lets hope the likes of him do not ruin this beautiful place!

Julie 8)
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

Well your going to get teenagers doing that anyway on holidays, (Im sure I did at sometime in my distant youth) it's the noise into the small hours that I think the Bradybunch were really concerned about.
Oh for those teenage days back in Majorca back in the 70's 8)
Gaynor
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Actually, wherever you go, sadly, you'll get adults doing that as well :cry:
(getting drunk - too early !)
brady`s
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by brady`s »

The Bradybunch is nothing to do with me, and i must say we don't serve people who have had enough, if they come in the bar limbless they are refused and that is terminal.
Michael Crane
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Michael Crane »

brady`s wrote:The Bradybunch is nothing to do with me, and i must say we don't serve people who have had enough, if they come in the bar limbless they are refused and that is terminal.
If they were limbless what would be the harm in serving them? How are they going to hold a pint glass without any limbs? :wink:
Sharen Crane
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Sharen Crane »

Michael Crane wrote:If they were limbless what would be the harm in serving them? How are they going to hold a pint glass without any limbs? :wink:
They would do what our friend Jerry does and use a straw!

:roll: :P
Stevie-C
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Stevie-C »

Sharen Crane wrote:
Michael Crane wrote:If they were limbless what would be the harm in serving them? How are they going to hold a pint glass without any limbs? :wink:
They would do what our friend Jerry does and use a straw!

:roll: :P
Don't you mean legless :lol:
pato
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by pato »

I think he means brainless! is the problem being caused by the number of lower priced accomodation deals that seems to be springing up in the area? pricing them out is not a bad idea after all 8) :roll:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Oh, yeah Pato... I guess you're saying that only rich people can afford brains
bradybunch
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by bradybunch »

The problem seems to be on the out road around Hemmingways and also by The Irish Times although they do gravitate into the square in the early hours, right under the nose of the GNR. I have no wish to put people off going to Carvoeiro, we have been going there for 20 years its just that it is very annoying knowing that you are going to be woken with this type of behavoir and also quite frightening if friends use the apartment who haven't been before. If there is a number for the GNR that we can ring please let me know and I'll use it. Is the police station in Carvoeiro manned all night because they could not fail to hear the noise.