Visiting Carvoeiro in September 2008

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
Rayofsunshine
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Visiting Carvoeiro in September 2008

Post by Rayofsunshine »

Can anyone help? I am staying at the Val Del Rei Village Resort for the first two weeks in September (can't wait - weather here in Edinburgh terrible - rain nearly every day!!). What is the weather like in September? Also does anyone know how far Carvoeiro is from my Resort? Would it be too far to walk there and back? Appreciate any assistance. :lol:
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

The resort is about a 15 min drive from Carvoeiro, nice area with a good restaurant in Brasserie Rosal in the 'village' and Poppy's up the road towards Carvoeiro but you will need either a car or taxis to get into any of the towns, Cvo, Lagoa, Porches etc.

Weather is usually good in September, not as hot as August which has been in the high 30's. You can get a rouge shower tho' so come prepared, the evenings sometimes can get a bit chill if the wind picks up.

Have a great holiday. :)
Last edited by Lesley Jean on Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ellie
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by Ellie »

I usually have my hols in mid September ( not this year though :( ) and I find the weather perfect for me. As Lesley says, its not so hot as July/August and I also find it a bit quieter.
As far as I can recall, Ive never had to wear a jacket or cardie in the evenings at that time of year. I usually pack a roll up mac in case of a shower but last year didnt' have any.
Wish you a lovely time
Gary/Gaynor
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Gary/Gaynor »

I consider Sept to be just the right temperature for Gary and I that's why we always book that time for our main holiday. It;s also a bit quieter around that time which suits us, although still lots happening with enough people in bars and restaurants to keep things interesting.
We are out there in 3 weeks, so enjoy your hols.

Ellie, so sad that Gary and I we won't be bumping into you this Sept, hope all is well in general and that we see you at some point in 2009.
Gaynor :D
Rayofsunshine
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rayofsunshine »

Thanks for the info. I thought Carvoeiro was only a couple of miles away from where we're staying and was also the nearest town for us - I've been researching Carvoeiro for weeks - checking restaurants (even checking the web cam every night)!! Now I'm REALLY gutted :(

Has anyone stayed at the Val Del Rei Village Resort? If you have - what do you think of it?? Also, I thought the Resort put on transport to Carvoeiro beach each day and back? Does anyone know where the nearest town to the Resort for going out at night for good meals etc is?

Any help would be most appreciated :roll:
ceh
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by ceh »

I stayed at the Vale del Rei in March 2007 for one night. It's a smart place with everything most people would need. As someone said, it's about a 15 min drive from CVO. I don't know about transport to CVO.. We've stayed in that area (Pr da Marinha, Caramujeira etc) for a number of years (and love it) and tend to eat in CVO.

Otherwise the restaurants others have mentioned or O Rustico or Brasserie Marinha near Pr da Marinha. Lagoa isn't far away.

Some of the best beaches (in my opinion) are in this area but again 10 or 15 minutes by car.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it there.
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

I drive through the Val Del Rei area almost every day. Its about a 10 minute drive to Carvoeiro. Its in between Porches and Carvoeiro and not all that far from Armação de Pera. There are great beaches all the way along the coast though. There's not a great deal in the immediate area, but the resort will have all the necessaries. You're not too far from any of the above places or Lagoa though, about 10-15 minutes each really.
Rayofsunshine
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rayofsunshine »

Thanks to everyone for info - we're really looking forward to our visit.

Misty, you sound like a "local" who knows :wink: - my husband and I are thinking of living abroad (especially after all the rain we have had this month!!). Anyway, can you give me any advice as to the best (and cheapest) places to live near cvo? Thanks
Rayofsunshine
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rayofsunshine »

Oh! Misty, forgot to ask,,,,,,would it be easy to walk to cvo beach from my resort?
Lesley Jean
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by Lesley Jean »

I also have a house in the area close to Val del Rei and love the quiet and countryside that it offers. The nearest town to you is Lagoa, about 5 - 6 miles away, the nearest local beaches are again about 4 - 5 miles and your nearest beach town is Carvoeiro and as has been said is a 15 min drive away, but to really appreciate the area and the other places to visit in this part of the Algarve you do need a car. Silves, the Monchique mountains, Lagos to name just a few. To drive inland and stop at a quiet bar/cafe is an experience and good fun.

Hope this helps : -

Last edited by Lesley Jean on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misty
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Misty »

Everyone else on here is also correct, I wasn't trying to contradict anyone. I live in Carvoeiro and I go through Val del Rei to work most days. Our shop in on the EN125.
The Google photo does show quite a distance from there to Carvoeiro centre. Its probably almost the same distance to Armação de Pera which is just seen on the right of the photo. Porches is also on the photo but not labelled.

As for the cheapest place to live near Carvoeiro, that would depend on whether you wanted to live on the coast or inland.
Rayofsunshine
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rayofsunshine »

Lesley, The Goole photo is a great help - my holiday rep told me cvo was about 3 kilometers away from where we're staying :( - think we might struggling to walk THAT far!! Never mind, since cvo looks so nice I think we will probably go there a lot. Thanks also for rest of info.

Misty, don't might coast or further inland - I'm assuming coast is more expensive? Approx what would a three bedroomed house with pool cost?

Any info gratefully accepted.
Ray
Cane
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Cane »

Lesley Jean wrote: Weather is usually good in September, not as hot as August which has been in the high 30's. You can get a rouge shower tho' so come prepared, the evenings sometimes can get a bit chill if the wind picks up.
The green showers are worse :-)
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Lesley Jean wrote: To drive inland and stop at a quiet bar/cafe is an experience and good fun.
Hear hear - Or maybe visit the tourist attractions in Lombos, which must be very close by ? :wink: :lol:
Rayofsunshine
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Rayofsunshine »

What's does the :wink: :lol: about Lombos mean??