weather, restaurants, etc...

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY

Moderators: kteee, Gambrinus, e-richard

Germangirl
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

weather, restaurants, etc...

Post by Germangirl » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Hi, i have some question...

I think about to go to carvoeiro in the end of this month. but, normally I go to Portugal in the summer. Please could somebody tell me something about the weather (going to the beach or not), or if most of the restaurant are closed at this time, and if there are many people or not. Because I worry about that its too quiet. greetings from germany and sorry for my english

Günni
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by Günni » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:50 pm

hi
wir haben auch ein deutsches forum und da bekommst du mit sicherheit auch kompetente antworten. ok, unsere englischen freunde hier sind fast alle vor ort und kennen alles aus dem ff, während die deutschen nur ihre urlaubserfahrungen haben. aber die sind ja gerade für dich hilfreich :D

solltest du allerdings deine englischkenntnisse testen oder vertiefen wollen, will ich nichts gesagt haben :roll:

roy4eyes
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by roy4eyes » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Gunni - the English forum members will answer your query and congratulations on your command of English.

The end of this month virtually all the restaurants will be open, the weather should be nice and hot for sun-bathing, but the sea will probably be cold (16 - 18 degrees) and there is the possibility of a little rain.

Possibly one of the best times to visit - enough people for some life but no so many that you mhave to queue for everything.

Hope this helps and wir wunschen sie guten ferien :lol:
Last edited by roy4eyes on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heini
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by heini » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:52 pm

Congratulations on your very good German language skills, Roy. Too bad we didn't meet this time, but after catching up with Carol's very interesting and informative newsletters, I know that you have been travelling.However there didn't seem to be any meetings and we didn't really meet any other "regulars". But there is always next year :D .

LoobyLou
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by LoobyLou » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:32 am

The weather the last week was fantastic. About 25 degrees. It was like summer. However this week the forecast is not so good :( Hopefully though we are getting the bad weather out the way and it will be lovely and sunny again by the end of the month for you.

The bars and restaurants have all re opened although it is still generally quite quiet around.

This is definatly my favourite time of year here.