Furniture storage

Please use this forum for general discussions or questions related to Carvoeiro life ONLY
shaz1967
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Furniture storage

Post by shaz1967 »

Hello fellow members
Does anybody know if there are companies that will store household furniture for a few months while some friends of ours wait for their property to be finished being built. They are currently renting whilst the construction is ongoing so they can be hands on to over see the build & the rental property they are in now is unavailable from January & they have found a smaller place to rent which is very convenient as its adjacent to their new property.
Algarve Eagle
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Re: Furniture storage

Post by Algarve Eagle »

There are a number of companies who provide this service, just google 'furniture storage algarve'.

While our property was being renovated, we used U-Store, a self storage facility just off the N125 between Portimao and Lagos. They recommended a man with a van to transport our stuff to and from the facility. The whole thing worked well, the storage facilites are fine, it's easy to arrange access whenever you need it, there was no damage during transportation or storage, and the cost was reasonable.

The company most local to Carvoeiro providing a complete storage and transportation service is Direct Transport on the road from Porches to Armacao de Pera, but I didn't use them on principle as I had a dispute with them over damage incurred during their transport of various items from the UK to Carvoeiro, which they did not resolve to my satisfaction - in fact they didn't resolve it at all!
sam
CVO Master
CVO Master

Re: Furniture storage

Post by sam »

There is one at the start of the in road in Carvoeiro. Cannot remember what it is called, but did find it's website a while ago. Gives sizes and prices. Not used it so cannot say what they are like.
Anyone know their name?