CVO zu britisch?

zhit
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

CVO zu britisch?

Post by zhit »

Im "General"-Forum hat User Grinch eine interessante Meinung ueber CVO abgegeben (die ich nicht in allen Punkten teile :roll: ):

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:25 am Post subject: Carvoeiro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What a dump! Just come back from a week there and its rubbbish! If you want English bars, English food, English people, its the place for you. If not, steer well clear! Its crap! I won't be back!
----------------------------------------------------------
und spaeter ergaenzt er:

Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:22 am Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have never been to Benidorm because I hate 'English breakfast', 'Irish bar', 'Sunday roast' signs and bars owned by English people! This is exactly what I don't want. We (3 couples, mid 50's) arrived in Carvoeiro, sorry, CVO, and this is what we found.
Perhaps I should have been a little more specific when I said 'English' in my original post. What I was trying to say was that everything I found in 'CVO' I can find in the UK.
(...)
No package tour, we did have a car, we went to Silves, Cape St Vincent, Praia de Roche, Sagres.
Silves, well what can you say? Nothing out of the ordinary, in fact the church / catherdral was one of the most uninteresting places I have ever been. The 'castle' was nearly as bad. Pay to go in and then walk around the walls, and out again. not allowed to go anywhere else as it is all fenced off.
Lagoa was recommended for shopping, waste of time!
P d R is Benidorm!
I agree the cliffs of the Algarve are spectacular, but thats about it!
But anyway, this is about CVO!
The point I was trying to make was, that I went to Portugal to experience Portugal.
I hardly heard a Portugese voice (except at the till in 'Inter marche') and I saw very little culture except the English one. I went into what I thought was a Portugese restaurants and bars and was served by English staff.
Every bar and restaurant seems to think that big TV's are the be all and end all! I don't want to watch football while I am eating!

Having said all this, the villa we rented was great and we had some lovely nights in with a B.B.Q. by the pool. The website said it was a ten minute walk to the village when it turned out to be 30 minutes, and I walk fast, but who's going to argue over 20 mins? We still enjoyed our stay.
I just won't be back, because its 'Little Britain!

I hope you all enjoy your life / holidays in CVO but you should really try somewhere else!
----------------------------
Was meint die "deutsche CVO-Fan-Gemeinde" dazu?

In einigen Punkten - das mussten auch die Landsleute aus GB zugeben - hat Grinch wohl nicht ganz unrecht....
kappa
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by kappa »

die Briten lassen i.A. wenigstens Trinkgeld!
heini
CVO Master
CVO Master

Post by heini »

Der letzte Beitrag von "redwinegirl" stimmt in etwa mit meiner Meinung ueberein, was und in wie fern sich Carvoeiro veraendert hat seit unseren ersten Jahren dort. Ja, es ist recht "britisch" geworden, die Restaurants im Ort haben "austauschbare" Speisekarten usw, aber wenn wir unsere Lieblingsplaetze in naeherer und weiterer Umgebung besuchen, geniessen wir weiterhin jede Minute die wir in Carvoeiro sein koennen. Bis jetzt jedenfalls. Heini
laserblazer
CVO Oracle
CVO Oracle

Post by laserblazer »

Vergessen Sie nicht, dass wir jetzt babelfish: haben :)
SAM SPARKLE
CVO Legend
CVO Legend

Post by SAM SPARKLE »

laserblazer wrote:Vergessen Sie nicht, dass wir jetzt babelfish: haben :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
zhit
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by zhit »

laserblazer wrote:
Vergessen Sie nicht, dass wir jetzt babelfish: haben
Gut so - das hier ist ja auch kein heimliches Forum! :wink: