California Pizzeria (stay away!!!)

Please also see the food section http://www.carvoeiro.com/food
redgnasher

California Pizzeria (stay away!!!)

Post by redgnasher »

:cry: We decided to try the other Pizzeria on restaurant hill, we went in and it looks great from the outside
We were shown to our table and then left. We waited 15 minutes and were offered no drinks or a menu.
The people in the back were either talking or laying tables
We asked for a menu
We waited another 10 minutes until we got a menu
The menu was on a laminate and had been written on with a laminate pen
We then decided to leave as we still had not been asked what we wanted
The people next to us had had the wrong drinks given to them
The people next to them had also left
It was the first time I had left and restuarant and I was appalued
WE ten went to Catz Pyjamas where we were offered a drink as soon as we sat down
Has anyone else had disappointing experiences with California Pizzeria?

Post by Guest »

It never pops ups as a "must go to" pity the owners assuming they are not in attendance. try doing a search on the forum and see what comes up. Great reveiws by the way. Did you try "O" Cantino which is opposite Catzs? I think the one down the hill is "A" Gale. Mike.
pinkiebluesky
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pinkiebluesky »

The boys on tables and behind bar are owners, I think and I know the mother is almost always there!

Post by Guest »

Then it's about time they got out of town as cowboy would say. Mike
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I have never eaten in the restaurant but if its so bad then I don't understand how it has managed to stay open??

Maybe there are some people out there who have had good food & service? but having read these comments we wont be trying this restaurant out when there are so many other wonderful places with excellent food and service.

Post by Guest »

They also own A Galaria
redgnasher

Post by redgnasher »

The restuarant looks fine from the outside, I can't understand why we got such ridiculous service. It was packed when we went in. The restaurant was called O Lanterna. A great restaurant :lol:
DerekUK
CVO Newbie
CVO Newbie

Post by DerekUK »

Redgnasher meant the restaurant that he could not remember in his previous topic was O Lanterna and should not be mixed up with the California Pizzeria which he was so disappointed with.

Post by Guest »

Yes I did. Don't get the confussed! O Lanterna is a great restaurant, Califronia Pizzeria isn't!!!!
Tiny Tim
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Tiny Tim »

Another good place for a 'Za is Via Italia down the hill. Delightful owner, animated staff (esp. the Portuguese lady who serves mosts nights). She might have been a belly dancer previous....
Sarah

Via Italia

Post by Sarah »

Just returned from Cvro - thought service at Via Italia was appalling. Have never come across such rude, unfriendly and unhelpful staff and the food was at best mediocre.

Lanterno was one of the best - good service and fantastic food.
Tiny Tim
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by Tiny Tim »

Sarah,

I guess she had a bad belly-dancing day at Via Italia... :lol:

Tiny

Post by Guest »

we ordered pizzas and garlic bread from California, the pizzas were burnt and almost dry through lack of topping and the garlic bread was dreadful covered in chopped, tinned tomato, needless to say we won't get anything from them again. :|
barpaul
CVO Regular
CVO Regular

Post by barpaul »

We also had a bad experience at California Pizza, the food was dreadful, the service equally as bad and then to cap it all they tried to rip us off with extras on the bill!! We wont be going there again either.
pinkiebluesky
CVO Senior
CVO Senior

Post by pinkiebluesky »

California staff washing chairs and getting ready for another season, lets hope they get their act together this year!!